You can type here any text you want

34mm sway bar fit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nasty

empty wallet
I just got a around to installing the 3rd gen F body 34mm hollow sway bar, and I am a little concerned about the fit. All the posts I read says its a direct bolt in, with one particular post mentioning a little wider at the mounting spots. I don't seem to have this.

The mounting spots on the bar to frame seem to be .5" inward on each side (the bushings are real close to the bend at each end when mounted) and the bar is super close to the frame where it bends around to the link area, and when I tighten down the links they seem like they are at more of a angle than they should be (but that may be because the wheels are hanging?, I may try to tighten them down with the car on the ground instead).

Anyone else install one of these and find the same thing? The mounting points on the frame seem like they may be ok, just not a EXCACT fit, the bushings ride just where the first bends start.

Thanks in advance

I have the 1LE hollow front sway bar on my 84GN with B-car spindles and GTA wheels (fronts on rear, rears on front) and stock springs. I will take some pics tomorrow and e-mail them to you.
Conrad Carter
North Carolina

I have the 34mm bar on my cutlass. Yes the bushing is close to the bend in the bar. Not an issue here.

Back