You can type here any text you want

36 mm sway bar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello people; I just got the SB from Kirbans and it's a monster. I wonder how much weight it saves as it's heavy? It came with bushings but no bushing holders. Usually they come complete. So do they fit the old and do they sell the holders separately?
IBBY

I'm pretty sure the bushings should fit in the stock straps. Don't over tighten the bolts as I have had them strip out and had to get a nut in behind there. Not a fun activity.

hello; C'mon now Texas don't jink me. You never know with oldercars what's going to happen. I'll be huntin for some new straps.
IBBY

When you take off the stocker and hold each one up you'll feel the difference.

The 1LE 36mm bar from the F-Body is about 10 pounds, maybe. The stocker is much more. In my case, the the 1LE bar and my SC&C brace didnt jive, so off it came. Car has the stock bar and the SC&C brace. Didn't know Kirban's made a repop...

As for getting a nut behind there, screw that!!! I just drilled it and tapped it to a 7/16"x14 and called it a day. Not a fun job either.

hello people; And hello Scojack. Well that kinda blows as I also have that brace. I forget how the relationship is from the SB to it but it took some work to get the brace to fit. Maybe your problem with the fit will be mine also? I ain't got time for that. I'll see in the future.
How did your brace fit and tell me what the problem was with it and the SB?
the one I got from Kirban is the real deal not a repop
thanks
IBBY

hello people; And hello Scojack. Well that kinda blows as I also have that brace. I forget how the relationship is from the SB to it but it took some work to get the brace to fit. Maybe your problem with the fit will be mine also? I ain't got time for that. I'll see in the future.
How did your brace fit and tell me what the problem was with it and the SB?
the one I got from Kirban is the real deal not a repop
thanks
IBBY

Well maybe it was the fact that the 1LE bar is from a F-Body and not from our cars. I spoke with SC&C at the time and they assured me a G-BODY 36mm swaybar will fit no problem with their brace. I sold the 36mm and put the stocker on and havent looked back. Car is nice and tight with the brace up front. But it is a colossal PITA to install...

hello Scojack; Educate me. The 36mm bar was only offered in a F body and coded as a WS6 is that true? My real problem with the brace was the aftermarket IC that was in the way.
Have you seen (sweet brown) on you tube? It's pretty funny. see the remixs "I ain't got time for that"
IBBY

Precision slic is close but does fit with the hollow bar. The SC&C is a triangular brace that ties in the front frame horns. I have the one that goes under the radiator support and the Grand Prix braces. I welded a small tab on to the tip of the ps brace to let the brace clear the intercooler. No biggie.

I had an engineer friend do the calculations a long time ago and he stated that the 32mm solid bar is very close in stiffness to the 36mm hollow. The biggest gain you will get off the 36mm hollow is the weight savings. I tried looking for the 36mm bars in the junk yard, but only found 34mm ones. Not worth my $ to buy new if its not stiffer than stock. The Hellwig bars on SC&C's site are 1 5/16. Only 1/16" bigger than stock. I think this is more of an upgrade for those that did not have a good front swaybar to begin with.

I did it to save the weight.

Back