You can type here any text you want

36mm f-body sway bar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87-TURBO-T

have a question on this install. do you re-use the stock metal bushing carrier or is a different one needed? thanks

have a question on this install. do you re-use the stock metal bushing carrier or is a different one needed? thanks

I used the bushings and mounts that came in the Energy Suspension kit I bought. Worked good. Just be carefull when you install them and tighten them in a criss cross pattern. Dont want to rip the threads out of the frame.

Car seems to handle well with the KYB gas shocks and 16" GTAs. Also have some frame braces as well.

I could not find anything in 36mm from energy suspension:confused:

Swaybar bushings: 9.5713G 1.375"
Energy Suspension 9-5173G - Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Poly swaybar endlinks: 9.8119G
Energy Suspension 9-8119G - Energy Suspension Sway Bar End Link Sets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I think the bushings may actually be 35mm but these are the parts I used and they fit good.

You may be able to find them local to you however. I posted the links just for reference. I believe Auto Zone can order the Energy Suspension stuff.

Hope this helps.

Ok heres my take. I recently bought the same swaybar. I was told to use Moog part no. K6459 with my stock brackets. Went to Autozone and ordered. When the bushings came in they were Duralast part no "FA7189". Apparently the Zone could'nt get the Moog. The duralast is hard rubber like urethane and fit's the bar like a glove. Cost me about 12 bucks.

I have the bushings, my problem is the bushings stick way up above the 2 mounting holes in the shell, like the regal shell is not tall enough.

Use the stock Regal brackets and the 36mm bushings. Your bushing it going to collapse as you tighten the brackets. Make sure you go back and forth tightening the front bolt a little and then the back bolt a little. Little by little, checking to make sure the bar still roatates. Make sure you use Marine grease on the bushing, inside and outside. I like to use the stock 36mm bushings becuase the new polly's seem to be a bit too large.

Ok heres my take. I recently bought the same swaybar. I was told to use Moog part no. K6459 with my stock brackets. Went to Autozone and ordered. When the bushings came in they were Duralast part no "FA7189". Apparently the Zone could'nt get the Moog. The duralast is hard rubber like urethane and fit's the bar like a glove. Cost me about 12 bucks.

This is the way I would do it! Or use the originals if they are in good shape.

Back