You can type here any text you want

373 gears

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikemcvaney

putting in 373 gears and posi the car should be done friday. Icant wait the headers are also back from getting ceramic coated . Mike

put the gears in and slipped in the axles and found out the center section is 28 spline axles mine are 26. What a dissapointmant got some new axles coming on the brite side upgraded to an eaton posi.

Got the axles in thursday really like the gears, comes off the line hard now and thanks to overdrive only 2000 rpm at 60.

On the 1/8th you should pick up some time but I have a feeling you'll run out of gear on the 1/4. Glad to hear she's happy now. :)

On the 1/8th you should pick up some time but I have a feeling you'll run out of gear on the 1/4. Glad to hear she's happy now. :)
first of some grand nationals came factory with 373 ratio and secondly the car has 28 inch tall 275 60 tires that are28inch tall making the final drive ratio in drive 3.54. Mike

Actually all of the turbo Buicks since 83 came from the factory came with 3.42 gears Mike. The Hurst Olds came with the 3.73 gears. The 82 GN came with 3.23 in it.

Going with the 28" tire is the right idea though.:) That should let you get it down the track with out an issue at all.:biggrin:

Charlie did you forget about the FBI Grand Nationals....

Bryan

Me and A.J have had this talkalot and he is runnig 389 gears with a 700 r4 and 28 tall tires and I promise his car will smoke mine in the quarter. If I dont like it there is two pairs of 342 s in my garage can always swap em out. With the final combo plan the 370 s will work great slwly getting there very close now need aturbo upgrade and down pipe . Checking out some options since A.J. isnt doing turbos anymore the turbo seals are leaking. Winter game plan is turbo upgrade boost control new down pipe install the headers and to loosten up the stall to around 2100 to 2300. What do you guys think about the size of the turbo? Would appreciate all input thank you MIke

Back