You can type here any text you want

3rd gear knock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BASS

Im getting 3rd gear knock, which rises constantly after 3rd gear..(i.e. if I keep the pedal to the medal, the knock counts eventually go up after 3rd gear) Its not false knock as it slowly rises as car goes faster..

Everything else is fine on car..new fuel pump, verified correct fuel psi per lb of boost, and im running only 15 psi...All else is stock on car except for good exhaust, 3" downpipe, power plate, and (used) msd 50 injectors..new fuel filter, wires, and plugs gapped correctly.

The only things I can think of is (1) Clogged injectors (2) faulty boost gauge (probably not though) (3) powerplate causing this?

I also verified that the MAF is at 255 at WOT on the scanmaster..

Only problem with car is a slightly high blm at idle (due to exhaust leak I bet at the header, but this shouldnt cause knock, especially at high rpms...)

Maybe i need to adjust the timing or fuel % on my turbo tweak chip? I think im in the mid 800's O2s when the knock occurs though...

I have Direct Scan that I need to learn how to use..Maybe sombody here can decipher this once I get a test run in??

Some cars can do 15.. some can only do 13 PSI.

I would add octane and see if the knock goes away. Get the tank down to 1/4 and add a gallon of Xylene.

You want to look at carbon deposits on pistons, valves, oil control issue inside the motor(PCV) etc.

Pull the plugs and take a look at them. Scope the cylinders. Run a leakdown test, compression test, etc.

Maybe a simple "Top Engine" clean will cure the problem.

Back