You can type here any text you want

4.1 Instead of 3.8

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
it just hit me but i guess i will have to ask. will all the drawthru stuff just bolt on or is the 4.1 a whole different animal.

looks nice.

You going to use it for a turbo app?

If so let me know if you want to sell the headers if you get it.

looks nice.

You going to use it for a turbo app?

If so let me know if you want to sell the headers if you get it.

do you have a drawthru car? i live in Il i just want to know all the members with this setup close to me.

is a 4.1 stronger than a 3.8? I heard that 4.1's tend to split down the middle after 500hp...

is a 4.1 stronger than a 3.8? I heard that 4.1's tend to split down the middle after 500hp...

I doubt that you'll ever need to worry about it kid. Adam has the most power right now and he's not even to 400 yet. If he sends me the heads to port I may be able to help him get there though.:biggrin:

Get it and go with it. This is by far the best thing you have had in all your postings.

Stick with the 200-4r trans you have. Bolt all your external turbo stuff to this long block.

That looks great! I just lost my 3.6 so I decided why not go for a 4.1L for more power. I couldn't find a good used 4.1L at the time so I order a rebuilt long block with upgraded cam for around $1200. I am just learning the insides of an engine so I also didnt want someone elses headaches. I am also adding the edelbrock intake and trying to get some headers. That is the same engine complete that I am spending way too much $$$ for to build!! Go for it before someone else gets it!

By the way...what distributer is that? I have the HEI (I think) from the 231.

If you're gonna drop in an n/a motor just do a 455 or buick 350 and be done with it. BTW, for 800 bucks you could have the lower end done and then some

I doubt that you'll ever need to worry about it kid. Adam has the most power right now and he's not even to 400 yet. If he sends me the heads to port I may be able to help him get there though.:biggrin:

can the 4.1 heads be ported for the turbo, or can I port the 3.8 heads ive got and put them on the 4.1? I wanna turbo this motor for sure.

Back