You can type here any text you want

4.1 n/a

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84regal17

hey i got an 84 4.1 v6 regal i wana go n/a instead of doing a blowthru hot air conversion my goal is 200hp do they sell a top end kit for my motor if so can somone give me a link or tell me of a brand thanks

If you are looking for 200hp, I would DEFINITELY consider doing a draw thru conversion. Pull the motor, put a set of pistons in it, throw it back together witha draw thru setup and put on alky. Done:cool:

yo

thanks for the suggestion but im not trying to pull the motor out just yet its my dd so i need it running i was thinking of throwing in a cam do u know where i can get one

The best thing you can do to that motor is maybe a stock gn cam, pull the intake and port and polish it (in the b4black section there is a how to on this) a tune up and carb clean can do wonders, new timing chain and valve springs, headers and dual exhaust with a flowbastard muffler. If it was me (I'd turbo it if it was me) I would just tune it up with GOOD wires, pull the intake off and do the mods as suggested in the thread, a d5 converter (stock 86-87 torque converter, they are cheap) put on flowmaster muffler THEN gut the cat after I got it home from the exhaust shop:cool:
If you got the cash you can put on headers and have a custom exhaust setup built for it. It all depends how much you want to spend. I am not a fan of filling my DD full of aftermarket go fast parts. It takes away the reliability

The original intention of the buick v6 was to be an economy engine, keep that in mind. Maybe you should go to the b4black section and search "freddiesbuick" He already did the whole souped up v6 thing. Must not have been good enough because he eventually turbo'ed it:biggrin:

Jesse has given you some good info but I'll make it a little easier for you. First, please come join us in the before black section. We're a little more user friendly to the NA ideas.

Ok, if all you want is an easy 200 HP then take the heads off and port them, then port the snot out of the factory intake. I did a thread on this exact thing BTW. Then have a valve job done and cut the top of the valve guides down to clear a .500 lift. Then get an Edlebrock cam and if you're lucky you can find a set of Hookers for the turbo cars and don't use the crossover. Use them as NA. Assemble all of it and you will be between 200 and 250 HP.

Patience is a virtue my friend:) Merry Christmas everyone! The snow plows got pulled off the road here in the area, so I hope my truck can plow through the drifts with thos blingin' 20s on if we decide to go somewhere;)

yo

thanks guys you have gave me loads of suggestions that i will consider i was just wondering whats the highest cam lift can i put with stock heads (mild cam)

.448 is the max I measured a while ago. There's a whole thread just about the max height you can use. I measured a set of 293 castings to find out. Edlebrock says theirs will work but you need a completely unopened engine because their highest lift is .472 on the exhaust.

you can easily make 200 HP on a 4.1

Try to find Jim Ruggles power article.

He did it in like 83.

Edlebrock intake and cam. Pocket ported heads.

S/B good to go!

3700lbs and 200hp.... sounds a little under powered to me. I dont think you will be happy with the money and work that you put into that.

The HP numbers aren't what you feel Matt. The torque of the engine is almost 3X stock so it will burn rubber real easy. That's the advantage of the Buick motors.

Well if all you want is torque and no HP, then you should swap in a Cummins Turbo Diesel engine! Dude just think about how much tire you could peel with that since its all torque! WOW you could like maybe even do wheelies.

Back