You can type here any text you want

4.1 n/a

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well if all you want is torque and no HP, then you should swap in a Cummins Turbo Diesel engine! Dude just think about how much tire you could peel with that since its all torque! WOW you could like maybe even do wheelies.

Time for a lesson in mechanics Matt. Torque (defined as a twisting effort) is what not only gets you off the line and down the road. Horse power (defined as how much work a horse can do in X period of time) is what keeps you moving after you get to your target speed. You can have low HP numbers and high torque and be much faster than the guy that has high HP numbers and low torque. That's one of the secrets of the Buick motors. They produce much better torque which propels them down the track and keeps the torque going at a higher RPM.:biggrin:

Time for a lesson in mechanics Matt. Torque (defined as a twisting effort) is what not only gets you off the line and down the road. Horse power (defined as how much work a horse can do in X period of time) is what keeps you moving after you get to your target speed. You can have low HP numbers and high torque and be much faster than the guy that has high HP numbers and low torque. That's one of the secrets of the Buick motors. They produce much better torque which propels them down the track and keeps the torque going at a higher RPM.:biggrin:

Oh boy.. I dont mean to be rude to you sir, but I was being a smartass because you spoke to me like a small child when I suggested that a 200hp 3700lb car will be gay. Just simply stating the facts.

I would stick to the proven and tested way if you are on a budget. Either boost it or dump a SBC in it. Either way would likely be cheaper and more cost effective over the NA 4.1

Well he's already got a running car with the 4.1 in it and if he does it right he can do a blow through after he gets used to the car. Baby steps work the best when you're new to the game after all.

Back