4" exhaust

Nota I have a buddy that has a 4" on his GN and has a Race magnum muffler it sounds so sweet I am thinking of doing it to mine this year. His dumps at the axle you wont get a 4" Tube over the rear axle just not enough room.
His car also has a 4" DP and has yet to go to the track but he killed a Known 9.50 Mustang this last summer :)

Thats gotta be pretty loud, especailly dumping before the axle. Must sound like a big block chev.

You can go over the axle. Take a look. My exhaust fits perfect ( no contact anywhere ) and sounds sweet with the RaceMagnum.

Very nice who made that??

Dumped at the axle is not that load really Mine dumps there but its 3" witha pit bull ATR Muffler I like it :)

That is sweet, I think I just wet myself. Any sound clips of that? Must sound killer.

Thanks! This system has alot less drone than my single 3". I mean, alot less. I really wasn't expecting that, and I'm very happy with it. It sorta sounds like a "NHRA Pro Stock" bike when your on it, and is deep and throaty @ idle and cruise. Brian

What's some like that cost and do you think a good exhaust shop could build it.

Do you think you could build another one.

Is it worth it!!

Just to let you know before you get started. I made my own back in 1999 with a 4" 2 Chamber Flowmaster. Finally after 6 years parts got rusted. Replaced it with a 3" Single and a Magmaflow. And the Car is still going faster.
So you might be wasting your time. Hope for Brian it was well worth it....:)
Unless you have a Stage 1000 HP Motor............:confused:

Joe

traditionally flowmasters dont. [do well for us] but thats the traditional ones. maybe theres a newer model out? All I know is, that exhaust is tits... though im not sure it would do me any good. not now anyways... it must be loud.

Just to let you know before you get started. I made my own back in 1999 with a 4" 2 Chamber Flowmaster. Finally after 6 years parts got rusted. Replaced it with a 3" Single and a Magmaflow. And the Car is still going faster.
So you might be wasting your time. Hope for Brian it was well worth it....:)
Unless you have a Stage 1000 HP Motor............:confused:

Joe

how about a 3" dp-cat, then a 4" single exhaust cat back w/a single bullet(4") muffler & turn down before that axel, would that be too much? That would be enough for a ten second car correct? Im thinking thats wat I would like to do when I step up to a t66/67. I heard the 4" is needed when you start pushing around 900+ cfm's, and a t66/t67 easly does that, their both well over 1000 cfm capable im pretty sure.

darkside