400 install

pwhite

this weekend i am going to be installing my new turbo 400 and was wanting to get a few things straight before I start.

What stays and what goes ..... kick down from tb goes right
what about the wire hook ups are they the same from a 2004r to a 400.

what mods if any need to be done to the dip stick

what type of trans mount do i need will any 400 mount work with alittle crossmember modding

installed a b&m megashifter while waiting for trans to ship and was wondering if you cut out lock from the stock shifter linkage to the steering linkage or do you keep if kept how?

thanks and sorry about the long post

phil, the convertor was shipped via ups not the freight company.also you will need a new filler tube and dip stick.if you cant locate one ill ship it out to you,i should have told you that.as far as the shifter ,itll be straightforward ,but you will have to delete the linkage from the steering column if you dont use the factory floor shifter.you can weld the stock bracket to the b and m bracket if you like.all others will fit except you will need to replace the drive shaft yoke with the 400 style and also must use a 2004r mount and elongate the holes in the x member.most dont do it this way so if others would care to chime in on the transmount id like to hear from you.ckperformance

As far as the tranny mount, the HR parts TH400 mount kit is the best. Its a poly mount with a billet steel offset plate and drops right in.;)

chris,

you might have told me about the dip stick, good chance I forgot . I have been real busy the past couple of weeks. freight
company said wed. the tranny is suppose to be here. ill try to call you sometime wed

thanks

Originally posted by Louie L.
As far as the tranny mount, the HR parts TH400 mount kit is the best. Its a poly mount with a billet steel offset plate and drops right in.;)

Yea dude!!!!!!!!!! Works awesome!