You can type here any text you want

4L60E question for Bruce or whomever

• Thread starter Thread starter Butch
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
B

Butch

I have a 4L60E (I think?) in my 94' Full size Chevy Blazer behind a 350 LT1 Engine that I have just swapped in. I am going to use an aftermarket tranny cooler. I have removed the hard lines but need to know which hole is outlet and which is inlet (duh!). I also need some fittings to convert these 5/16" or 3/8" inverted flares to AN for my braided stainless lines.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated!

Butch

Well, I just took a second look and it looks like the inverted flare fittings screw into another fitting that screws into the housing. Am I correct in assuming that is a pipe thread? Maybe 3/8" NPT?

One other thing... Should I bother to put this cooler up front with the condensor? Or will it be OK mounted to the frame rail underneath? Its a B&M about 5" x 10"!

Thanks,

Butch

First of all they did some weird things with the late ones. They used to be 1/4 npt. at trans and #5 inverted flair at radiator.
5X10 isnt really big enough. AND NEVER PUT HORIZONTAL. Never mount under car. Never mount with a fan on it under car. In front of Radiator/condensor is fine. Always put in airflow .Never mount where air doesnt go THROUGH at least 80% of the surface. Use only a stack plate design.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Bruce, Thanks for the advice. I wasn't going to mount it horizontally but you have a point about air travel over the cooling fins. If this one is too small can you recommend a cooler for me to use in front of the condensor?

Thanks,

Butch

We use a Long cooler ( Borg warner of canada) . In your truck, (94 chevy) we use a 8X11X1.75. Comes as a kit with all fittings and hose. Nothing is needed to be cut /and/or spliced.
It is tight but I have installed more than I can count, on a daily basis.
takes patience and a little time.
We pull the whole grille in one shot and it isn't bad. you can mount off the condenser side very easily and then off the hood hold down bolt. Only ONE hole needs to be drilled.
Also they come with a Lifetime warranty .................
yours or the cooler :):):)

Good luck
Give me private email or call for more info and pricing.

Bruce
WE4
ww.ptsnctb.com

Bruce, Thanks for your quick responses. I already have the grille off so it shouldn't be too hard. The hardest part is getting to the damn fittings on the side of the tranny.

I have taken the hard lines out that ran to the radiator. I was going to use braided stainless lines, made to length (by me!)

Oh yeah, on the tranny, which hole is outlet and which is inlet (duh!).

Butch

Yea duh... I meant to tell you.... on a 700 it is bottom out top return.
2004r is just the opposite.
All other GM trans ( turbo hydromatics) are like yours.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Back