You can type here any text you want

4th gen camaro,turbo v6 transplant

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jevacues

hello out there...I would like to transplant a v6 turbo into my 95 v6 camaro...any help?

Did you try a search? I would just slap a turbo on the v6 that you already have. You got the 3800 right?

somewhere i have an article from gm hightech performance where there is a fourth gen converted.looks factory right down to the rims.it ran mid 10 with full drag set up and it was perfect,still needed to be tuned tho.

should be able to score a 3800 cheap and get the harness and all that froma junkyard. Then you could do all the work while the motor is out of the car and get it ready while you still get to drive yoru car. Probably have to get a different trans and eventually a good rear. 3800+turbo=FUN:cool: I don't know what the shortcomings are of the 3400, besides it being a dog, but I bet it would take well to a turbo also.

There is a web site called GM V6 POWER or something close to that. It is about putting turbos on those f body cars. We were in Saint Paul MN For the CAR CRAFT nats and at Porkies on University ave. there were a few of them there. We talked to them they did all the work them selves with mostly home made parts. Good luck. If i can fined that site ill post it.

No more projects, NO MORE PROJECTS...must....think....something....boring....baseball..baseball...OK I'm good;) turbo dodges :eek: (uh oh), daytonas...Shelby Z's...with supra intercooler and a getrag 5 speed...baseball...baseball...BASEBALL;)

LOL i fill the same way some times, just this month im putting 2 GNs back together, one 454 for a 66 SS Chevelle ,two 502s for a friends DONZI. Im pulling my hair out and im not getting to work on my own car.:rolleyes:

I wanted to keep my t/a for the next project and make a "driver build" out of it, but with over 1 ft of snow on the ground and the snow that is falling as I type this I'm starting to think I should get rid of it. I was kicking the idea around a daytona shelby would be a great driver cause I could play with it, get excellent gas mileage, and it fwd so it would be ok in the snow. No luck finding one around here though. Then my buddy calls me last night and says one of his friends has a 2 door s10 blazer with the tahoe package for sale:rolleyes: Said it was in good shape and needs a trans. So many options and so little time to drive them all, y'know? So lets say I get something else to drive, what do I do with the t/a? Keep it for later or get rid of it? For having a gajillion miles on it it is in good shape plus I spent a lot of time on it this summer getting it ready for winter-and it has a rebuilt trans! It was supposed to be the wifes summer car!!!!

to all of you...this is terrific how people are willing to help make my dream a reality...soooo cool.. talking about the shelby...I met a guy down in Ft Lauderdale...(I'm in Cape Canaveral,watch the shuttle go up all the time,82 degrees here today,sorry 'bout the snow...hehehehe)anyway,he built a little monster..not sure of the year..Dodge omni GLH 2.2L turbo...F@$#ing screamer

boostedgm,what you are describing is EXACTLY what I want to do...If you could find and direct me to that article...would be awesome

thanks guys for the info...super cool..looking for a donor motor now....found a GN v6 on ebay...1500.00 80k miles guaranteed no sludge would love to rop this in the 95...however...I'm in FL,must have A/C...reseach says I must delete A/c for this transplant to work...:eek:

Just My opinion

Sounds like even more work yet. The humidity is Fn crazy up here in the summer and if you don't have a/c, it's gonna be a miserable drive, even to the nearest gas station and back. If I was you I would hang on to the camaro until you find a project turbo buick. That way you still have a reliable DD and you can spend time saving another true turbo buick. It will be a win win situation in the end:) I had a lead on a shelby that was owned by a friend's relative. He called on it today and its already gone. Was in excellent condition last time he saw it in the garage. I know where there's a good looking 86 turbo z, but I don't know the details of it and I'd have to intercool it which would be even more work. I wonder what it costs for the parts to do it:rolleyes:

hey jevacues sorry i havent been around, bizzy as sheet.even tho 3 and 4 gen are different in the subframe part it should go together easier i think than another body style.im still searching fot the article its less than 6 years old the gm issue.

you want a series 2 3800 camaro engine/trans/pcm/harness then turbo it

with proper tuning it will take a LOT of boost

intense racing has gone 8's @160 with a turboed 3800 in a firebird

many daily driven turboed 3800 f bodys around running 10's & 11's

Back