You can type here any text you want

5 Wire LS1 Sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Anyone know if the 5 wire LS1 sensor from a 2000 vette be used in conjunction with the translator?

If so..anyone have a pinout?

Thanks guys..

Julio

depends on how old the translator is.

from about version 5, the 85mm sensors are programmed on BASE settings 6, 7, and 8

(7 is richer idle)
(8 is leaner idle)

What version translator do you have?

B

Well.. on the PCB it says rev 1.1 and under that has V-4-1 so its version 4.0 according to the cover??

Will this work? if so, where can I get a pinout of the 5 wire LS1 sensor?.. If not, what LS1 sensor do I have to look for..obviously a three wire..

Thanks...

The version is on the cover.

Version 4 did not support the 85mm MAFs

So you can update to the latest version and get the 85mm MAF adapter cable.

Or buy a different MAF. Any Vette or F-body LS1 sensor up to about 2000/2001 is the right one (3.5" Aluminum body).

Bob

What is involved in getting the update? and how much $$$ :D

Cant I just solder wires to the pins on the sensor saving me some dough?..

Problem is I have the 5 wire sensor... what would be cheaper, to get a different sensor or do the update on the box?

Thanks a million

Ping..ping..anyone out there???

Update for translator..how much????

Mine has settings for a 3.5 MAF already..why update..need DATA>>plez

The 85mm MAF has a different calibration than the 3.5"

it won't run right.

The adapter harness is 20.00 I think, an update to your translator is 35.00

Cheaper? Depends on how much you can find a MAF for.

Bob

I assumme :D these are available from Ramchargers..might you know the part numbers I have to give them? And a good time to call.Ive tried calling last Friday and no one was picking up the phone..

55 sounds cool to me..cheaper than a new MAF 4 sure..well :)

The 5 wires are 3 for MAF and two for IAT rite? The harness comes for those connections?

Lastly any advantage to using the 85mm over the 3.5?

BTW..thanks Bob.. i'm just learning ;)

The harness does not connect the IAT. Use your existing IAT. (I recommend putting in the coupler AFTER the MAF....)

The larger MAF flows a little more than the 3.5" It is a little more sensitive to fan turbulence (idle stability) so leave the screen in.

Call Mike at Fullthrottlespeed, or ramchargers. I don't know their stock levels.

Last friday this whole section of the country had no power (don't you watch the news...?)

B
:)

Originally posted by TurboBob

Last friday this whole section of the country had no power (don't you watch the news...?)

Really?.
I miss all the good stuff....

Betcha it really messed up the donut production, LOL

Back