You can type here any text you want

50 lb chips?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

camino70

I am currently running 50lb injectors with a Red Armstrong chip.
I am looking for some other possible chips.

Who should I contact for a chip?

Can someone explain to me some of the other options? Max Effort or thumbwheel?

TIA

Ron

My car hates the RA chip. Sputters and pops off idle. It really likes Jim Testa's 50# chip, and the Extender chip. I also have a couple of Joe Lubrant chips (street and strip) that work well.

Jim

I've got a JC and Testa street chip for 50's.
The JC chip is perfect. I haven't found anything that I'd want changed in it except the tcc lockup stuff (and that's partially my fault and a mis-communication).
The Testa chip just needs more fuel on startup...other than that it's great too.
Can't go wrong with an Extender of ME either.

Thanks for the replys!

Can someone explain to me the what, how and why of the Extender and ME?

Are they alot more $$ and are they worth it?

TIA

I know there are some good threads describing both the ME and extender. I read all of them when I was trying to decide what to do.
Might want to see if you can find them...

hi,
contact eric from turbotweak.he has the 50's down real well.as a matter of fact he has almost everything down real well.:cool:
you will not be disapointed and if it isnt perfect he will make it perfect.he goes the extra mile bar none.i am totally happy with my results and i can be a pain in the a$$.;) check out his website at turbotweak.com .

thanks,nick

Extender?

First I want to thank you guys for your help...

I think I may have a MAF problem and have been contemplating/researching an LS1 MAF, Translator Plus and an Extender chip. Would you recommend or discourage this combo?

Ron

Wow ,I had 3 differant chips that would not give me enough fuel until I bought a red armstrong 107 .my car went 10.59 with 50 lbers and a reds chip .His chips wont work well with after market or ls1 MAFs IMHO.I run a max effort mafless nowwith 72s

Back