600hp at 25PSI.. how do I get more traction

Originally posted by PimpinAintEz347
Ya I see what you are saying... tite

So are you saying that you mean 600lbs of torque or are you sticking with 600hp....Posse out yo

I think my stock block puts out a little over 700 hp(at the crank) Give the kid a chance at least he bought a real car and not a wind up car.... 580 HP is what i think they rate the 54 turbo he has so he should go over 120 mph without a good 60ft when he goes to the Buick meet .My buddy just went 10.92 122 mph on his 54 turbo and has never had the heads or pan off(30,000 mile car)
50# injectors,stock location I/C, so the kid has the parts to make some real power if he does infact have the aluminum heads and all. Show off the back of that buick to all you buddys with there honda cars......I dont think you said what tire you run on the street? Im like AintGoinSlo and my drag radials go up in smoke
on the freeway and you BETTER have booth hands on the wheel.
I think 30lbs boost does that...... I love to pick on motorcycles the best because there not use to having a car pull away from them...

dude I know what my car has. It has 580-600 hp... roughly speaking. and its funny how ppl try to tell me otherwise, I mean, you would think GN owners would respect that number for my 54 turbo right? I guess not... but hey you guys are still tite.

Originally posted by PimpinAintEz347
dude I know what my car has. It has 580-600 hp... roughly speaking. and its funny how ppl try to tell me otherwise, I mean, you would think GN owners would respect that number for my 54 turbo right? I guess not... but hey you guys are still tite.
If you run your car and get over 120mph out of it them they will believe you:cool:

hmmm, guess his horsepower would be a function of the car weight and speed...I have a timeslip in front of me that says 11.204@120.484.....that was a 1.54 60' time, at 22 lbs boost, at 80* and 1300' elevation..... my car weighs 3712 with me in it, so I imagine I am making around 490 hp or so.....

a car my weight making 600 hp would go 128 or so in the 1/4....

traction? get some slicks...or DOT slicks for the street

Pimpin 600 HP!!

Pimpin, the car should go in the low 120's w/ that low 11 ET.
Don't see the short times, but suspect 1 of 2 things are happening.
1. The dyno guy is off on the dyno setup and gave you bogus info and you are expecting unreasonable results. OR
2. The rear suspension needs LOTS of work and the "sticky tires" need to be in place at all times if you want to keep it hooked on the street.
My combo has considerable time spent on suspension tuning and was at 11.23@123mph prior to a new converter. I had mid 1.40 short times and mid 6's on the 1/8th.
IF the dyno is correct and you MUST use street tires, try the INNOVATIVE boost controller. I use it and can program it to delay boost rise as the tranny shifts up. This controls the "hit" on the tires and reduces low speed spinning.

HTH,
Back under my rock:D

Thanx... I think I need to switch out my oxygen sensor to begin with and I need to get my back power up a little (work on suspension with my dad I guess). I have more front lift then I do back. Its just trial and error... these numbers are only from the guy that owned the car previously.. and I believe them b/c I haven't lost a race yet.. and I live in Houston and its pretty damn big and lots and lots of cars like to go against me... thanx for the help!

Are we on the same page with this horse power (Crank HP)?Chuck
CODY MOTORSPORTS
Your fuel injection connection
Lawrenceville, GA.
770-995-1106
86 GN 10.27 @132. Mid 1.40 short times, LOTSA motor, NO N2O,
CODY suspension system, and NO snubber. [All done at @3675#]
More to come.

Great times is this on a stock block?

:eek:

Guys give the kid a break. he is telling the truth about the car. He just bought the car not to long ago from a guy in OK. I believe he wwent by Vader I think. I was actually looking to buy this car. I actually just emailed the original owner 2 days ago to see if he still had it and he said he sold it to a guy in Houston by the name of Buzz White. This is freaking crazy, but the car did post those numbers according to the original owner. I know he said it ran 11.20 on dot tires and letting off towards the end. Can't remember but if you saw the car you would not think he is lying. Very nice car set up right for a daily driver on pump gas. Wish I would have bought it when I saw it. Good luck with it kid. As faar as learning to launch it off the street, take it off of beltway 8 and practice there. The street is wide and grooved pretty good. Just try to ease into it. Once you get used to it you wil feel where the power will come in. I had an 86 GN ran 11.60's with 23 lbs boost with racing fuel, but normally ran 17lbs with pump gas. Got used to the car leaving at 0 lbs of boost and would hook up on regular street tires. Get some ET streets, warm um up and leave at about 8-10lbs on the street (rankin and beltway 8). very hard to catch if you hook up. The guy you bought the car from told me his neighbor might be selling his so I am going to get back to him. He supposedly has alot more work done to the motor though (GN-1 heads, roller cam, precision convertor, motor work done by precision turbo and engine.) If I get it, we just might have to go out and show some people what a GN is all about. Although most people that drive fast cars already respect the almighty GN. Good luck with it and don't rag on it too much, race when only someone is worth while, or you will be seeing yourself on this board asking why your motor blew up. Take it easy George

600 HP

Gene, Thanx for the compliment. The 10.20's are w/ a stage shortblock, a poorly matched converter,[no rpm drop between gears] and 5 yr old slicks.
I'm experimenting w/ "old or unproven combos" to see what happens.:confused:
3675#, 3.42 gears w/ a 28" tire, yadda, yadda, etc, etc.

To the guy that suggests we stop "raggin" on the 600hp idea. If you read my post, it had some suggestions as to what may be the problem and how I went about curing them on my car.
Now the owner comes back and says the previous owner said "it made 600HP". I guess once there's enough discussion and challenges, [you call it raggin], we find the statements are heresay. I guess a bit of literary embellishment may have come from the previous owner??.;)
AGAIN, to Pimpin. I think you have the basis for a fast street car and if you will sift out the BS, make some educated decisions, get the suspension on the car right B4 you worry about 600 HP, you will have learned alot, had fun doing it, and kicked some serious ass in the process.:cool:
I, for 1, am willing to share what I know about these cars w/ you and anyone else that asks.
I would start w/ an inspection of the rear AND ft suspension and go from there. Just DO NOT get caught up trying the "trik of the month" parts. It'll put you AND your dad in the poor house!!
[Even IF he did own EXXON!!!:D ]

NUF SAID. Now back to putting on the new fuel system and slicks. GOTTA go 10 flat w/ some more of the goodies that "don't work".
[Did someone say 10.20's on 1 Walbro 340 was suicide???:eek: ]

lnemup... thats my DAD! Ya Buzz is my dad and yes we bought the car not too long ago in OK. It's about time someone believed me! Geez.. Ya I know my car has a lot of untapped power still in it but I'm doing the best I can with whats legal on the street. I have been getting in a lot of practice lately with it (not with slicks though,, but I can't wait!!) And if you have any more questions about the car you can contact my Dad (Buzz White). And yes, the car is a beautiful car... and I was lucky to get it from Mark (in OK). Ya his neighbor is a car fanatic and owns a 86 GN... its pretty dang fast but I remember it needing some paint.. but its sure as hell fast! He also has a 69 camaro and a 92 corvette.. so he is a car junky for sure! Thanx for the back up !! Hell ya

i dont think so

ok this is hard to beileve my buick will not hook up after 20 feet how could urs i would like to see the slip of the dyno before i beileve that better yet lets set up a drag race?

ok you still dont believe me? well, my dad is taking me to a 1/8 track this coming saturday so I will try to show you my time slip from that. Also, I'm heading out to the 1/4 track Nov 18th with my school so I will try to get ya my slip on that one as well. See ya