How much transmission fluid do I add to an extended pan?

DARTHV6

I pulled 2 gallons and 5 quarts out of my extended transmission pan. (Back then) I only drove it a few times a year and the last time I had it changed about 15 years ago when I had transmission work done. Since I took out 2 gallons and 5 quarts, I put the same amount back in. ( I should have measured it before I changed it) I let it run in park and measured it and it didn’t even register on the stick.

What am I missing? Does it hold more than that? Am I supposed to use an extended stick or something?

Thanks
Art
12B531E7-9645-4C26-92D3-042966111149.jpeg

until it hits the dip stick marks , if installed correctly same as it should be on normal setup , it usually takes another 2 qts give or take for info

until it hits the dip stick marks , if installed correctly same as it should be on normal setup , it usually takes another 2 qts give or take for info

Grass Doctor,
The normal stick should register full even with the extended pan. Makes sense now I’m typing this out.

Thanks

Does that pan require the filter with extended pickup? Amazing how much a torque converter can hold. Old TH-350 would hold 12-13qts after a rebuild with stock pan.

Does that pan require the filter with extended pickup? Amazing how much a torque converter can hold. Old TH-350 would hold 12-13qts after a rebuild with stock pan.

Kc87,
It does, bad picture but it’s bolted back up now. I know what you mean about the torque converter. I had it up on jacks for several days and it kept coming out!