60LB. Fuel Injectors

86 TR

Work In Progress
Any drivability problems with the motron 60lb injectors?? I ran out of injector on my car and need to upgrade to bigger ones. I maxxed the 009's out at 11.10 @ 119 mph and was running way lean!:eek: I plan on upgrading the injectors,chip and eventually adding alky. I think Im at the end of the road as far as the turbo goes its a TE60 from Limit eng. Only thing is the turbo is only 3 months old!!:eek:

Great diveability- much more so than the 009s. Make sure you get a TT (or your favorite) chip burned to your combo.

I agree with Socal.
These injectors are nice.
They have been on my driver for about 2 years.
I have used Lubrant, TT and Bailey Chips all with success.

Well... if the turbo is maxed out then upgrade something else to let it work more efficiently... Let the engine breath more(heads, cams, better DP, intake restrictions, intercooler)... Also, you can "get away" with your injectors for a bit longer if you buy the Alky kit... it adds in more fuel with the alky. My guess is that you can safely keep running at the same level you are now with alky.

Also that turbo is only good for a 4-500rwhp? It does not sound maxed out to me! What is your actualy setup Ex: internal engine work, intercooler, intake setup...

I cant speak for the motorons but it sounds like they are good stuff, and they are on my list of upgrades.

I bought the 60's right when they came out in 2004. Or was it 2003? Anyway, I bought them Mike Licht and have had ZERO issues with any of them. Idle great, no tip in, and I'm running about 60% duty cycle with them.

Jason

Another vote for 60lbers and TT chip. Passed CA emissions with them.

You're out of fuel at 119mph with the 009s? My dad was trapping 125mph with them. Maybe the methanol injection was doing fueling more than we thought.

Any drivability problems with the motron 60lb injectors?? I ran out of injector on my car and need to upgrade to bigger ones. I maxxed the 009's out at 11.10 @ 119 mph and was running way lean!:eek: I plan on upgrading the injectors,chip and eventually adding alky. I think Im at the end of the road as far as the turbo goes its a TE60 from Limit eng. Only thing is the turbo is only 3 months old!!:eek:

What DC are the 42s running at?

I would wait until you get the alky installed. I figure with the alky you should be able to run the 42s at 80-85% DC. Also instead of buying a new turbo upgrade the exhaust housing with a .63 PTE.

i got the motron 60's too i love em. search ebay should be able to get them for $300 for 6 and mike licht will price match if you find them and somebody else has them that's what i did i got the $303.00 shipped last august.

I don't know what duty cycle these injectors are at right now?? I all I got is a scanmaster for right now. I need to get a better scan tool I know.:eek:

I need to get a better scan tool like the powerlogger and a good laptop computer..

Another vote for 60lbers and TT chip. Passed CA emissions with them.

You're out of fuel at 119mph with the 009s? My dad was trapping 125mph with them. Maybe the methanol injection was doing fueling more than we thought.
The alky adds about 18-22%...so if you were running your injectors at 100%, then add alky, your injectors would then run at 78-82% to keep the same AFR you had before.

I don't know what duty cycle these injectors are at right now?? I all I got is a scanmaster for right now. I need to get a better scan tool I know.:eek:

I need to get a better scan tool like the powerlogger and a good laptop computer..

Call Red. If you send the chip back for re-burn does not mean it will be correct, every car is a little different. IMO - cant go wrong with a TT chip alky chip (user adjust fuel and timing).

Way back when, I ran the 009s at maximum duty cycle on my old Limited. Ran a best of 11.07 @ 120 but was out of injector big time. Car weighed 3790# with driver. The car was popping towards the end of the run and O2s were way down there as well. At the time, my fuel system consisted of a Bosch 204 external pump with a custom pickup tube and -8 An pushlock style hose feed line all the way to the rail. I was also running one of Joe Lubrants 26* race chip with 100% duty cycle under WOT. This motor was a stock bottom end with ported M&A aluminum heads and matching intake, Hemco plenum and 62mm t-body, TE45 turbo at 27psi, EP Front Mount IC, 3" downpipe with external gate on cross over and 3" ATR single shot. This setup was a blast but I knew I was out of injector. This was back in '98, just when the 50# injector craze was starting to take off.

Fast forward to 2007 and we now have Mototron 60# high impedance injectors that are light years ahead of the rest. I can't say enough good things about these injectors. I was able to average 29mpg coming back from Bowling Green recently. No tip in stumbles, not overly rich, very nice street manners and plenty of fuel capability. IMHO, if you are looking to upgrade the turbo and intercooler on a stocker, or even if you are building a killer 67 turbo and built motor combo for the street, I would highly recommend the 60# Mototrons and one of Erics TT chips. You will be very happy you did.
Just my O2's worth.

Patrick

Fast forward to 2007 and we now have Mototron 60# high impedance injectors that are light years ahead of the rest. I can't say enough good things about these injectors. I was able to average 29mpg coming back from Bowling Green recently. No tip in stumbles, not overly rich, very nice street manners and plenty of fuel capability. IMHO, if you are looking to upgrade the turbo and intercooler on a stocker, or even if you are building a killer 67 turbo and built motor combo for the street, I would highly recommend the 60# Mototrons and one of Erics TT chips. You will be very happy you did.
Just my O2's worth.

Patrick

I would have to agree with Patrick 100%. I just got the maft pro in with the Mototron 60's, and they are very smooth. And for a couple weeks I'm on stock turbo and intercooler setup and they work just as well if not better than my 36lb's that i took out. :biggrin: I love em.

I have them on a near stock 87 GN. Also work well on my 10 second Turbo T. No driveability problems at all.