You can type here any text you want

63 nova/chevyII hybrid questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo6man

I am putting a GN motor in my 1963 chevy II. The exhaust manifolds on both sides have clearance issues and the steering also hits on the bottom of the pan. I was wondering if anyone else has:smile: done this hybrid before, and how they resolved the problems I have. I did a 68 camaro hybrid once before and this is a much bigger challenge to make fit. I am hoping someone has done this without going to the coil over/rack and pinion style front end. Any info would be greatly appreciated, James

I saw a blue chevy II with a Buick turbo motor in a popular car magazine a few years ago. Don't know if that helps you or not but at least there's one out there. Might do a general Google search. The car was gorgeous though.

as I recall the early chevy II's had a lot of room height wise under the hood. can you not set the engine up a little bit to clear the oil pan issue? also by raising it up as I recall would give you more room between the shock towers. this is only an educated guess, as I am not looking at it.

you have 3 options....rack and pinion swap, front clip from heidts or cut and refab the crossmember under the engine. i was interested in doing the same swap on my chevy 2 last year. i ended up doing a v8 turbo conversion instead. i scrapped the project and traded my chevy 2 for a TR and $$$. i have tons of info on it so if you need help let me know.

by they way here is my chevy 2 i sold for the TR

DSC00140.jpg

Back