You can type here any text you want

67 Skylark...LC2 maybe?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Power

My dad picked up a really junky 67 Skylark. No engine or tranny, some rust, interior is gone. I am thinking about getting it from him for a project. I really like the looks of the car, but I am not much of a Buick engine person, I have driven SBC cars until I got my GN. I would probably either do an LT1/4l60e combo with nitrous or an LC2...I already have the lt1/4l60 btw. But would a Chevy engine in an old Buick bastardize it too much?

The chevy motor is absolutely the bad route, who wants another small block car? Ive had my 68 chevelle sitting since I've gotten my buick. When I graduate I am swapping an LC2 into the chevy to make a stock appearing, 6 cylinder sounding monster. It's like swapping the old "Going fast with class" cliche into the older Chevrolet.

As for the '67 buick you speak of, its the same class upgrade but better because of the retention of the Buick name.

Right on. Make sure and post up some pics and details when this gets done. I am gonna have to wait a while until I can get started, I gotta get my WS6 sold, a house bought, and then I will have room for another Buick. ;)

I agree though, and the more I drive my LT1 the less I want another one :eek:

swap

So far the swap on my 67 chevelle has been easy. I've had plenty of clearance so far, might not be on the d/pipe (going with a 3-1/2 or a 4' dont know yet).I've used mostly all gn stuff so far.

And for the parts try and find parts that will work instead of making new stuff that will cost more in the long run. So far only thing i had made is the power steering line. But will find more later as time goes by.

Good luck on the swap!

Back