You can type here any text you want

6K mile GN Undercoat question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sd455hota

I need some opinions here. On the for sale forum there was a 6000 mile GN that I was very interested in. Problem was it was undercoated so that turned me off to it. I've gathered some nice original TRs over the years but have always turned away from an undercoated car. This 6K mile car is just what I collect since it has great history, paperwork and it's basically a survivor. Tell me, should I not be so concerned about the undercoating? How much does it actually effect the value of the car? Thanks in advance for any thoughts

I need some opinions here. On the for sale forum there was a 6000 mile GN that I was very interested in. Problem was it was undercoated so that turned me off to it. I've gathered some nice original TRs over the years but have always turned away from an undercoated car. This 6K mile car is just what I collect since it has great history, paperwork and it's basically a survivor. Tell me, should I not be so concerned about the undercoating? How much does it actually effect the value of the car? Thanks in advance for any thoughts

I as well have a desire to collect low mile cars, and that would not bother me the least bit. If it had a gauge pod, adjustable FPR, KN cone filter etc I would be bothered. But undercoat, not the least.

A lot of dealers did that just to make an easy $500 profit.

and BTW,, GO BIG RED!

I see nothing wrong with undercoating. My 87' is undercoated. It's not really an issue. :)

Thats interesting and I sure appreciate the responses. It's getting harder to find low mile originals with paperwork, history, etc. I may have to pursue this car a little more. Too bad some of the members beat him up so much about his detail costs and he quit posting.

Thats interesting and I sure appreciate the responses. It's getting harder to find low mile originals with paperwork, history, etc. I may have to pursue this car a little more. Too bad some of the members beat him up so much about his detail costs and he quit posting.

THAT CAR is worth every penny!

Next time I am in Lincoln (brother in law lives there) maybe you can show me your sd455:cool:

I had a 71 455 HO 4 speed car a few years back,,,, TORQUE MONSTER:biggrin:

Next time I am in Lincoln (brother in law lives there) maybe you can show me your sd455:cool:

If it's the car i'm thinking of your right and the detail job is awesome :biggrin:

Let me know when your coming through. If you appreciate TAs I have a few early 70s TAs you will enjoy looking at

Let me know when your coming through. If you appreciate TAs I have a few early 70s TAs you will enjoy looking at

Sounds great, probably in about 2 weeks I am do to work that area.

Thank you for the invite:cool:

Ty

Back