You can type here any text you want

6x9 Adapter Plates?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GrndNatnl

Regal of the Dark Order
Anyone have a set of these for sale for our cars? I need to swap my old 6x9's from my old car into my GN. My stock 4x10's are basically shot.

I've called both Best Buy locations in my area, as well as Circuit City, and neither of them have the right adapter plates in stock. Any other ideas or stores that usually carry these? Or anyone that has a set they would be willing to sell me? I'm in desperate need of these, and I'm too broke to spend $100 bucks on a new set of 4x10's, and they're hard to find anyway, other then one pair of Pioneers that I found.

Originally posted by GrndNatnl
I've called both Best Buy locations in my area, as well as Circuit City, and neither of them have the right adapter plates in stock. Any other ideas or stores that usually carry these?

If they don't have them in stock, then any independent car audio shop should have them. If they do not, they can order them and usually get them between 1 to 3 business days.

i think also crutchfield sells them and i heard you can get them out of grand prix in the junkyard.

I rigged mine up with coat hangers. They're pretty snug, but they're not flush with the speaker openings. They're too wide width wise to fit up against the speaker deck.

How would the adapter plates get around this problem? Do they hang down a little more?

Plus, those damn torsion bars are in the way.

adapter plates didn't work for me cause of the torshion bars, that's why mine are ghetto rigged

Well I am turbotgirls son but I have those pioneers in my Oldsmobile Cutlass. They are pertty nice speakers from what I can tell. I can't remeber if I needed anything to put them in. I know it only took me bout 10 minutes. Helps if you climb in the trunk lol. Check www.800.com They may have what you need.

I was in the trunk. ;) I was laying down in it fooling with those speakers.

In this weekend...

I installed a pair of Boston NX97 6X9s using the Metra adapter kit and it all fit like a glove. With the small neodynium magnets that the NXs use, there is no interference with the torsion bars. Just mounted the speakers to the adapters (using the spacer supplied with the speakers), ran some foam sealing tape around the top of the adapters, crawled in the trunk and hung them up! Made up a couple of wiring adapters to link the speakers to the GM terminals, and all was done.

Had to turn down the gain on the rear channels of the amplifier to balance the sound to my tastes, and it needs a bit more tweaking to get just right. Now I need more power! Thinking of the Coustic 481QE to really bring it to life.

Can snap some pics if it would help?

Re: In this weekend...

Originally posted by subtlt

Can snap some pics if it would help?

subtlt,
If you could get some pics posted, that would be great! Thanks!

Back