You can type here any text you want

6X9 problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ajt86

hey guys- has anyone run into problems using the 4X10-6X9 adpaters. i was putting in a set of 6X9 infinity kappa 3 ways into my GN and the basket on the bottom of the speaker was too wide- it was hitting the trunk rods. did anyone run into this? for now i used clothes hangers- cut them up and twist tied them as tight as i could up there thanks!

when i bought the adapters they came with wire hangers and i had no problem. i did a search and some people had problem with certian 6x9 speaker magnets being too big.HTH

Infinity magnets are large. I bought a pair and had the same problem. They sit in their box, still unused. :( I need to sell them.

I've got a pair of Pioneer 6x9's with the adapters in mine. Think they're 160w 4 -ways. Been in a Monte and 2 Blazers and now they're in the GN. Still going. :D They fit without any problems.

David

well im gonna make mine fit- they dont fit because of the trunk tension bars- if they werent there they would fit. im going to take some trunk struts from another car- weld some brackets to the trunk lid and trunk and see how it works the cars getting painted anyway. they are kinda rigged up there right now and they sound great so i wanna keep them.

Back