You can type here any text you want

700R4 CK question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rob Wade

A few years back I purchased a bunch of HD parts from Chris at CK performance for my 700R4. I told him I had a 300 HP, 450 ft lb TPI motor in a 4000 lb, 2.88 geared jag. I bought everything he recommended including a 2800 stall lock-up converter. No complaints, works great. My questions are these. #1 With my 2800 stall LOCK-UP converter, is the converter fully locked up after 2800 (ie standard 3 speed hi stall converter) or is it only locked up when its lock-up feature is engaged. I am going to stick the car on a chassis dyno and I want to know if this will be a factor in my results since the 1:1 gear is third, when the converter isn't locked. #2 If its NOT locked up after 2800 rpm then what percentage of slippage should I use to base my chassis dyno results on? Thanks for your help guys. :confused:

The conv. never locks 100% if not in lock up. It is locked 100% in lock up mode though. When I dynoed mine I gained 20 RWHP in lock up.
Hope that helps.

I'm not the expert here to be suggesting things, but how about locking manually via the wiring. I believe this can be done via the ALDL wiring in some apps.

Back