You can type here any text you want

70mm tb

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have a Kenne Bell Polished 70MM TB and Plenum with Precision P trim 70MM turbo. Mild ported heads, stock cam, Razor's Alky, 3 inch ATR Down Pipe. I purchased the car this way except for Alky. I was thinking of selling the TB and Plenum if it hurts the performance. Does anyone think it hurts the performance?

at what power level/et will it be beneficial to have a 70mm?

A 70mm will support 8000rpm on a 231ci with no problem. Its based on power level. Its based on the airflow needs of the engine. I never saw a gain over stock unless the engine was capable of turning more than 5800rpm.

A 70mm will support 8000rpm on a 231ci with no problem. Its based on power level. Its based on the airflow needs of the engine. I never saw a gain over stock unless the engine was capable of turning more than 5800rpm.

Do you think it hurts performance?

Do you think it hurts performance?

I run xfi so i have a lot of adjustability on the throttle transition. Its not hurting performance unless your getting stumble. At WOT under boost/rpm its not going to matter.

Not sure if anyone in here remembers an old ESP newletter that dyno'd parts on a stock GN, but if I recall, installing the 70mm tb and plenum towards the end of their mods made around 32whp at a similar boost level, I need to find that or maybe John will post in here about it.

Here is what I can add, after installing it I saw 3psi more boost. I believe a big reason to add this part would be the increased intake volume and the rear plenum distribution on the stocker is suspect IMO. Since we don't have a way to really increase our intake volume this is how you'd do that to help the top end.

i also saw about 3psi more when i added my kb 70mm tb....this was on a mildly modified motor with esp front mount but a stock turbo....throttle response and spoolup were awsome and on the highway boost was always right there..car was fun to drive....you might not "need" one but mpo is anything to reduce back pressure or restriction in the intake track esp pressurized side cant hurt.....but i'm no expert;) joel

Back