75# Extreme Chip - WOW

when adding a LS1 MAF will it just plug in with a 87 GN or will their have to be any modifications done to the electronics.

Originally posted by Daniel Jost
when adding a LS1 MAF will it just plug in with a 87 GN or will their have to be any modifications done to the electronics.

Daniel,

That's precisely the situation that requires the Translator.

Welcome to the board!

HTH :)

Originally posted by tim87tr
Jim, great run, I can't imagine going that fast, especially on a stock cam and heads. Could you tell me more about that Extender Extreme? I have the Extender chip and Trans +, and will be upgrading turbo and converter, and would be interested in how this works. I guess the regular Extender relys on preset fuel curves (with Trans + curve adjustments available), and the Extreme allows the ECM to recognize MAF readings and adjust fueling. Is that correct and does this involve a modified ECM also?

This is my understanding of how it works (always subject to correction by those in the know). The Extreme takes the measured airflow and divides it by three to make it into a number the stock ECM can recognize. The calibration/software is modified to account for this and supplies three times the fuel required. What you end up with is a ECM which can read airflow up to approx 750 gr/sec and supply the fuel to match. You still have the Translator fuel/spark curve adjustments available if you need them.

The ECM needs to be modified to run the low impedence injectors (55# and up) that the Extreme cals are designed for. Other than the injector drivers no other changes are required.

HTH,

Jim

Ok, thanks Jim. It appears the Extreme is an upgraded version of the regular chip, which I believe divides the LT 1 MAF by two. The extreme version must be just for the 55 and up injectors and larger turbos that flow enough air to max out the MAF. I only have restripe injectors anyway on my GN. Sounds like something I couldn't use, unless Bob chimes in to explain otherwise. Tim