75# Extreme Chip - WOW

boostedLC2

Recently changed over to the Translator plus and the 85 mm plastic LS1/LS6 MAF to improve airflow over the stock MAF I've been running. I definately improved airflow as I've picked up several pounds of boost at equal wastegate settings. In fact it's to the point where I was leaning out my 50# injectors at the track. I've always done my own cals and thought they worked pretty good.

Well....I picked up a 75# Extreme (Bob Bailey) chip and some used injectors. I put them in this weekend and just went out for a drive. All I can say is this combo has just awesome driveability right out of the box. The cold start/driveaway is spot on and the overall driveability is better than its ever been. I was afraid that running 75# injectors in a stock motor would be pushing it but this thing drives PERFECT.

I can't wait to get it to the track and try it out there. In a couple of blasts on the street the WOT O2 volts were right there at .780-.750 V and the MAF was reading up to 126 g/sec (378 g/sec actual). With this set up there won't be any more swagging fuel curves and fuel pressure to try to get things right. Great job Bob!

Jim

I have 72's and Bob's Extender Extreme, and drivability is better than it was with my 50's. I also have an LS1 MAF with 4" ends. I havent had to make one change on the Trans + because I have no complaints.

I hope to get to the track next week to kick off some 10.70's. Previous best was 11 teens.

Thanks Bob!

Hey Bob,
I have the Extender chip for 55's in my car and it has a bad stumble just off idle. I have left the fuel pressure at 45lbs (where you said to set it). The blm's sit in the 108-111 range at idle. Do you have any recommendations on how to lean it out? I currently had a Translator + and a 3.5" LS1 mass air meter. I know some guys with the 3" set it to the 3.5" settings, but I dont have that option with mine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

boosted and Aint,

I am curious as to what kind of fuel system you guys are using to feed those huge 75 #er's ?

Do you think a single Walbro 340 hotwired is enough to feed the 75's into the upper 10's? Ie 10.90's or maybe 10.80's?

Originally posted by c&cgn
boosted and Aint,

I am curious as to what kind of fuel system you guys are using to feed those huge 75 #er's ?

Do you think a single Walbro 340 hotwired is enough to feed the 75's into the upper 10's? Ie 10.90's or maybe 10.80's?

I bit the bullet and bought ATR's double pumper. Weather or not a single 340 will do it I dont know. You never want to be borderline with your fuel system.

With MSD50's, a single Walbro 340, and ONLY 21psi, my injector duty cycle was at 120%! (11.teens @123mph). Enough to scare me about burning up the motor.

With Siemens 72's, ATR double pumper and 24psi, my injector duty cycle is only 65%.

My car feels MUCH better than last year, with the ONLY changes being the 72's, double pumper, and Bob's Extender Extreme.

Bob,
I also have your Extender Extreme.
I am running 72 Siemans injectors, and I am amazed at how well it drives around town. Idle is perfect. And overall driveability is GREAT!
Bob, you are truly an electronic genius.
I am currently recommending this set up to everyone I talk to.
Thanks, Bob.
Brian Hofer

Originally posted by c&cgn
boosted and Aint,

C&C,

I'm running a single hot wired 340 currently. I'll be monitoring things very closely but I think based on Jack Cotton's experience I'll be OK into the high ten's (my goal with the stock motor). Once I step up to heads and a cam I'll be investing in a double pumper set up.

HTH,

Jim

Originally posted by boostedLC2
C&C,

I'm running a single hot wired 340 currently. I'll be monitoring things very closely but I think based on Jack Cotton's experience I'll be OK into the high ten's (my goal with the stock motor). Once I step up to heads and a cam I'll be investing in a double pumper set up.

HTH,

Jim
Jim are you still running unported stock heads and a stock cam??

from my experience with wired 340 and stock line ...it starts having problems at mid 120's trap speed

I dont have Bobs chip but he did modify my ecm ;)

I run a home made double pumper with seperate outlets thru the sending unit with a seperate fuel filter for each pump then into a moroso Y block into 1/2 line to the fuel rail

been over 80% d/c on 75's and no sign of fuel starvation

What is the price on this chip??
Thanks,

Recently changed over to the Translator plus and the 85 mm plastic LS1/LS6 MAF to improve airflow over the stock MAF I've been running. I definately improved airflow as I've picked up several pounds of boost at equal wastegate settings. In fact it's to the point where I was leaning out my 50# injectors at the track. I've always done my own cals and thought they worked pretty good.

Well....I picked up a 75# Extreme (Bob Bailey) chip and some used injectors. I put them in this weekend and just went out for a drive. All I can say is this combo has just awesome driveability right out of the box. The cold start/driveaway is spot on and the overall driveability is better than its ever been. I was afraid that running 75# injectors in a stock motor would be pushing it but this thing drives PERFECT.

I can't wait to get it to the track and try it out there. In a couple of blasts on the street the WOT O2 volts were right there at .780-.750 V and the MAF was reading up to 126 g/sec (378 g/sec actual). With this set up there won't be any more swagging fuel curves and fuel pressure to try to get things right. Great job Bob!

Jim

Originally posted by GNVAIR
Jim are you still running unported stock heads and a stock cam??

Hi Lee,

Yep, stock unported heads and stock cam. Only motor work I've done is to update the valve springs to GM Gen IE V8 springs and changed the timing chain just as a preventative measure.

Jim

Re: Re: 75# Extreme Chip - WOW

Originally posted by JUSTAV6
What is the price on this chip??
Thanks,

I picked mine up used but I believe they are $119 from Ramchargers. Check out their web site.

Jim

Re: Re: Re: 75# Extreme Chip - WOW

Yeah I did but no prices on there for them : (
Thanks,
Seneca Lafler,,

I picked mine up used but I believe they are $119 from Ramchargers. Check out their web site.

Jim

Jim,
If you dont mind me asking; what are some of the other specifics of your combo at the time you went 11.12?
Was that on race gas? What kind of timing and how much boost?

Originally posted by GNVAIR
Jim,
If you dont mind me asking; what are some of the other specifics of your combo at the time you went 11.12?
Was that on race gas? What kind of timing and how much boost?

No problem Lee.

Actually I was struggling at the track with the lean condition I mentioned at the start of this thread. As a result I backed out 2 degrees from what I normally run (with the T+) so I was running 20 deg. I was running 110 leaded race gas and the boost was 26 creeping up to 28 thru the run. I had to take out several turns on the wastegate to bring the boost down with the new MAF, larger induction hoses and larger K&N.

I was launching at 6-7# off the footbrake. The 60 ft on that run was 1.566 which isn't stellar compared to some of my other runs. Locked the converter manually just past the eighth mile.

HTH,

Jim

Finally made it to the track (Norwalk - COFBA's track rental) with the Extender Extreme and got some clean runs in. I started at 24 psi boost and worked my way up to 29 w/o having to make any adjustments! It's awesome how the MAF can now read the actual air flow and have the ECM command the correct fueling. No more guessing with fuel curves in chips!

I didn't make any adjustments to the default fuel and spark settings (23/21 degs) and just dialed in the TCC to lock at 81 mph. Best run was a 10.92 @ 122.9 with a 1.48 60 ft at 27.5# boost. I could have gone into the 80's on my last run (10.93 @ 124.2) but I spun at the line and slowed to a 1.55 60 ft.

Kudos to Bob on a great product.

Jim

Finally made it to the track (Norwalk - COFBA's track rental) with the Extender Extreme and got some clean runs in. I started at 24 psi boost and worked my way up to 29 w/o having to make any adjustments! It's awesome how the MAF can now read the actual air flow and have the ECM command the correct fueling. No more guessing with fuel curves in chips!

I didn't make any adjustments to the default fuel and spark settings (23/21 degs) and just dialed in the TCC to lock at 81 mph. Best run was a 10.92 @ 122.9 with a 1.48 60 ft at 27.5# boost. I could have gone into the 80's on my last run (10.93 @ 124.2) but I spun at the line and slowed to a 1.55 60 ft.

Kudos to Bob on a great product.

Jim
Jim, great run, I can't imagine going that fast, especially on a stock cam and heads. Could you tell me more about that Extender Extreme? I have the Extender chip and Trans +, and will be upgrading turbo and converter, and would be interested in how this works. I guess the regular Extender relys on preset fuel curves (with Trans + curve adjustments available), and the Extreme allows the ECM to recognize MAF readings and adjust fueling. Is that correct and does this involve a modified ECM also?