You can type here any text you want

78 sport coupe ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kraus

working on my brothers 78 turbo sport coupe.Tested two solonoids on fender see if lights on dash work and they do.But vaccum line for these solonoids id diconnected ,so my question is where do i get vaccum for these to be routed in to make it lights work like should?

drivers fender the two solinoids there, that light up boost gauge on dash when on it.I grounded both per before black website,and the lights work on dash.But couldn't find where the vaccum comes from to feed them ,hope that is what need.

They connect to the turbo compressor "foot". The 90 degree bend where the turbo mounts to the intake manifold. Or tap into the wastegate actuator line. You need to get intake pressure - post turbo.

got it working thanks guys ,now on to making the quadrapuike perform..One last question has anyone ported the stock manifolds for more flow.Reason I ask is i got a buddy that can port these babies out for more and i was thinking of having it done.

Exhaust manifolds? Yes they have.

did it make a difference or is there a better option...I have the quadrapuke off right now am doing some tweaking inside per the quadrajet performance secert book i found,few bends and tweaks and this thing should kick butt...

did it make a difference or is there a better option...I have the quadrapuke off right now am doing some tweaking inside per the quadrajet performance secert book i found,few bends and tweaks and this thing should kick butt...

Ok, first the 78 heads aren't the best but if you're keeping it original then I understand. You might be able to use a set of 83-85 factory headers but I don't think they'll work because of design changes in the 79 up heads. You're intake and heads are for 1 year only so????? As far as the Q-jet read the book about a dozen times before you go modding it. There are several mods you can do to increase performance but make ABSOLUTLY SURE before you do them. Check the throttle plates to make sure the backs are opening at the right angle and not straight up. If you don't have a numbered drill bit set get one before you do the mods so you don't go to big.

Ok, first the 78 heads aren't the best but if you're keeping it original then I understand. You might be able to use a set of 83-85 factory headers but I don't think they'll work because of design changes in the 79 up heads. You're intake and heads are for 1 year only so????? As far as the Q-jet read the book about a dozen times before you go modding it. There are several mods you can do to increase performance but make ABSOLUTLY SURE before you do them. Check the throttle plates to make sure the backs are opening at the right angle and not straight up. If you don't have a numbered drill bit set get one before you do the mods so you don't go to big.

it has a 79 block,heads,intake in it right now 78 block heads intake came out do to bad headgasket.Long block was cheapier at time then fixing other block.i also have another complete 79 motor and trans for parts,so i think i am covered...

I do have all the bits and stuff for the carb mod have modeded a few qjets before with much success but thanks for the concern.

Cool. Check the for sale section and see if you can find a set of stock headers or I think one of the hot air guys was offering a set for free if you pay the shipping. He converted and didn't want to just throw them away so he offered them if you pay the shipping.

Well, since you have a 79 engine you can use Poston headers for the 84-85 hot air cars. They're a bolt in.

Back