You can type here any text you want

780 holley

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikemcvaney

Just put a Holley 780 vaccum secondary on my car and it has never ran better. The car has way more torque and full boost comes in alot faster.In short will never put a spreadbore design carb again the standard bore is much better. Mike

dyno numbers and timeslips and engine specs please :) been seeing too much of the whole square bore vs spreadbore vs EFI thing lately

Aren't you running a different setup than the normal carb setup we have also?

dyno numbers and timeslips and engine specs please :) been seeing too much of the whole square bore vs spreadbore vs EFI thing lately
Tell you what you pay all my bills and I will get right on that for you any thing else I can do for you YOUR HIGHNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well tell us exactly what you got Mike. How did you do the set up ect?
Charlie it was actually easier than adouble pumper being it only needs one power valve referanced. I increased the accelerator discharge nozzle from a 28 to a 37 to take out the srumble off line because of the plenum volume. was worried about it flooding out the motor when the secondaries opened up but it did not.But remember I have ported heads and a pretty big cam 488 intake lift. I am going to play with the secondary spring rate next to see if It will work better if it opens up a little sooner. The carb already has a lighter spring init now.It spools up so much faster and at less thrttle than it did before. This worked way better than I thought it would. Do you got the PEVr figured out yet could use one for powervalve prtotection. Thanks MIKE

Aren't you running a different setup than the normal carb setup we have also?
No my car has the stock turbo intake had to run a quad to holley adapter but edelbrock makes the nicest opne Ive ever seen. My engine is very built dont know if a stock motor will take that much gas .But a 670 vaccum secondary would still work really well.Thanks MIKE

Engine specs are 30 over forged pistons honed with tor plates line bored main caps resised rods arp rod bolts arp head studs ported polished heads stainless valves chrome moly pushrods 488 lift intake 466 exhaust port macthed intake double roller chain earl brown timing cover mods And the whole thing is balanced. Also ported the intake plenum to the turbo you can really open them up. Thank you Mike

Charlie it was actually easier than adouble pumper being it only needs one power valve referanced. I increased the accelerator discharge nozzle from a 28 to a 37 to take out the srumble off line because of the plenum volume. was worried about it flooding out the motor when the secondaries opened up but it did not.But remember I have ported heads and a pretty big cam 488 intake lift. I am going to play with the secondary spring rate next to see if It will work better if it opens up a little sooner. The carb already has a lighter spring in it now.It spools up so much faster and at less throttle than it did before. This worked way better than I thought it would. Do you got the PEVr figured out yet could use one for powervalve prtotection. Thanks MIKE

Don't have the PEVR valve figured out yet but I need to send it back to you. I finally got all the oil out of it though.:biggrin: I have 2 different options to make a new one for us and haven't had the time to mess with it. I got a Granger catalog and one from a different source so I hope to have some sort of option soon Mike.

Don't have the PEVR valve figured out yet but I need to send it back to you. I finally got all the oil out of it though.:biggrin: I have 2 different options to make a new one for us and haven't had the time to mess with it. I got a Granger catalog and one from a different source so I hope to have some sort of option soon Mike.

we all are waiting i hope you get it done soon.
mike I'm glad to hear the car is running good. could you post some pics i really want to see it.

Car is only pushing 6 pounds of boost do you guys think I can get away with ten without alky only run premium ? Mike

Engine specs are 30 over forged pistons honed with tor plates line bored main caps resised rods arp rod bolts arp head studs ported polished heads stainless valves chrome moly pushrods 488 lift intake 466 exhaust port macthed intake double roller chain earl brown timing cover mods And the whole thing is balanced. Also ported the intake plenum to the turbo you can really open them up. Thank you Mike

wow. lots of lift, lots of porting, sounds like a good solid build hmm...something for me to look into if i score the $600 81 Regal :D (NA though, not turbo....)

Back