79,000 original miles 1987 Buick Regal Limited T-Type

Grandma's car

Car was owned by my Grandmother, no joke.

RUST FREE, UNMOLESTED TEXAS CAR!!!!!

I love the car dearly, but, honestly, I don't have the time nor the facility to keep this beauty garaged and in such pristine condition.....

and yes, I know about GN's and T-Types..... Why do you think My grandmother had one??? :D

here are the only things ever modded on the car....

1. Kenne Bell Blue/white stripe turbo hoses

2. Kenne Bell valvecover breather kit

3. Hooker aerochamber exhaust with cat-delete pipe

4. a/c filter/drier is not original

5. soon to come- taylor spark plug wires

6. Brand New Fuzion tires....

7. Crappy powermaster brake unit swapped for vacuum unit, works Great!!!

8. Kirban aluminum steering wheel trim ring to replace cracked plastic original

The car is a Grey LEATHER bucket seat, shift on the column (RARE!!!), with center console piece all intact. There are no tears in the leather seating surfaces and everything is in wonderful condition...

There is one bad speaker on the stock system, and the electric antenna still works great!!!!

The car was lightly smoked in more than 16 years ago before my Grandmother purchased it, and the only reason I mention it is the tiny burns on the velour door panels, as you can't smell anything in it.....

Also, THIS CAR HAS ALL NEWER RUBBER TRIM since about 8 years ago, and NEW 35% WINDOW TINT just installed...

There was a very minor accident about 10 years ago where my Grandmother pulled in front of someone and the car had to be re-painted to match everywhere.... we took it to a friend who owns 3 Grand Nationals and he treated it like it was his baby.... he installed every new rubber piece, gasket, felt, etc. that could be replaced.... the car is the most quiet Regal I have ever ridden in, being as all of them squeek and rattle....

Also, some doofuss pushed a shopping cart into her car and hit the driver's side rear quarter about 4 years ago and unfortunately, my dad's cousin "took care" of it for her.... he paid some dipzzhit to paint it and they did a mediocre job, just around the limited emblem on the rear area of the car, otherwise, I would rate the paint and body condition as a 93% perfect....

This car has the G80 option (see trunk tag) so it is 3.42 posi!!!

Cruise, a/c, etc. all work good and there are no noises or funny problems...

posting pictures soon after this ..... if I can get imageshack hosting to work....

I am thinking $15,000 for asking price now....but, I may be open to good offers... no trades needed

Thanks
RYNO

Your grandma has style, sucks to hear you are selling ti, me personally I'd never sell.

well honestly, I love the car very much, as I have always loved these turbo Buicks..... but, my wife doesn't care for having an extra car around and she is difficult to convince about things like that when she sees that it is worth money....

Tr

So your not allowed to keep your TR? I would imagine that car would hold some sentimental value belonging to your grandma... I would put it in storage and save it..

well honestly, I love the car very much, as I have always loved these turbo Buicks..... but, my wife doesn't care for having an extra car around and she is difficult to convince about things like that when she sees that it is worth money....

Show your wife proof that right now the market is bad for selling a car, even though these cars are worth much more than what they are bringing now, due to the bad economy. Yeah they're worth the money but here lately no one has been paying top dollar for one either.

Tell your wife it's best to wait until the market comes back up. Unless you need the money so bad it's a life or death situation. Plus the way I see it, that car is an heirloom and should remain in the family. My 2 cents.

Yes, I have done all this, and all I keep hearing is " I wish you would sell that old car!"

I had some plans for it and I had even saved up some stuff and bought some nice parts to install, but, when I found out how my wife felt about it, I sold off all the stuff and I consoled myself about losing the car.....

Yes, I am very sad to sell it, No, I don't "have" to sell it for pure financial reasons, but, I would like to have some more built up in savings.....

Another real problem is storage.... keeping mice and rats and critters out of it and keeping it from rotting is a difficult thing to do..... and it will be expensive to store it, and believe me, adding an expense along with keeping this car is not something I am looking forward to hearing about from YOU KNOW WHO....

keep the car i wood had liked to had a granma like that being she left me the car i wood give it to my kids wife must not no anny thing about true love !!!!!

Thats a really nice T there. I love the cushiony seats and door handles on it. White T's with the blackout package are nice.

$*(@)_!!! I'd be all over that car if it had T-Tops. That's EXACTLY what I've been seeking for many years!....white Limited T, leather, well optioned but with T-Tops.

If the wife can't deal with the car...... loose the wife!

Life is too short to put things you are very passionate about on hold.... forever...... especially if you were passionate about them before the wife entered the picture.....

You rekon there are turbo regals in heaven? :confused:

If the wife can't deal with the car...... loose the wife!

Life is too short to put things you are very passionate about on hold.... forever...... especially if you were passionate about them before the wife entered the picture.....

You rekon there are turbo regals in heaven? :confused:

Yea, I agree 100%

Take a step outside your wife's crisis and please think about it some more. Unless you're in a financial bind or just really want to get rid of the car, there isn't any other good reason, especially not to try and make the wife happy, that ends up being an eternal crazy cycle.

I'd really be surprised if you are over the age of 30 considering your position of letting go of a nice car of sentimental value. It's not your job to make your wife happy all the time. I usually stay out of these threads, but this one hit a nerve. Good luck

well, she deals with the car fine.... truth is that I am just recently married (only 3 months now) and that the car just came in to our lives about a month and a half ago....

We have another car that I am upside down on because I took a loan out for a friend and got the car in my name and he was paying the payment.... he was my best friend for 4 years and he ended up screwing me over and holding the bag on the car note.... so, I have a 2005 Scion xB that we owe around $13000 for.... and it is worth about $12500 if we get lucky....

ANyone want one? gets 33mpg!!!

Yes, I may sound dumb but I am not, I am just very giving to my friends and family, and some people are good at taking and never paying back....

was I mad about it, HELL YES!!.... Do I hate my life because of it.... no, but, I did learn about money and some friends this way....

and, Thank GOD, I have a wonderful, beautiful wife now and a much better job than I ever thought I would...... and his life is in the crapper...... KARMA can be hard.....

so, the long and short of it is that it isn't that my wife is against the turbo regal specifically, but, she sees that we now have 4 cars and we really only have room/need for 2....

One car is profitable for sale (T-Type) and one will cost us to sell it (Scion xB).......

so, there is the Paul Harvey version...

:)

P.S.- my daily driver is a 320whp AWD Subaru Forester XT automatic.... yes, I love turbo cars!!!!!

I hate to impose on this thread but man I would keep it and cherish it. It has alot of sentimental value, your gonna regret it later.

Ryno,

Nice car only thing is that is not a t-type!What you have is a regal limited T,
There is a T emblem on each front fender,and the horn button.Its called a
Limited T ok,Its just like mine only i have a maroon int.Just wanted to let you
know.
John