You can type here any text you want

79 turbo: some help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robco

Hello to all,
I am new to buick turbo engines and need some help. I picked-up this engine a week ago and am sorting through it and cleaning it up. The previous owner let it go and did some band-aid patches and there so it was a mess. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

it's a 79 3.8 w/ no ecm, I am dropping this in a 62 nova

the questions:
- the esc relay - is this a standard relay or is there a certain one to use. At a couple of auto parts stores I went to had no reference for one so I was wonder which to use.
- from diagrams of the vacuum routing it mentions an elbow and sensor but the picture doesn't really show where this goes and no other pictures pisk up from this point. So where does this go to.
- again vacuum. diagrams also show about 4 hoses going to the canister but the canister I have has only one vacuum port for the carb. I figure I can use a 4-way connector but wasn't to sure about the larger hose coming from the carb. also I don't have a line fron the tank so do I just block this off til I run one or don't even bother.
- is there any performance benifits to running it with the air reaction system.
- from diagrams it doesn't show where is pcv is connected. What is the best place - straight to te manifold or carb.

This engine probably needs a rebuild but am hoping to get aome time out of it before it goes. Is it worth rebuilding this one or should I save a little more and get a more recent w/ inter-cooled.

tia,
rob

Back