You can type here any text you want

7psi yellow C5 from a roll,also 04 Z06 from a stoplight

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
:cool:
I was out in the daily driver silver limited yesterday on radials farting around since it was nice out.
All i see out of the corner of my eye is a newer yellow C5 vette that was super loud, so i follow him and we jump on it on the highway.
Im driving right behind him when he rolls on it from 70-95 and he wasnt pulling away, i think he dogged 4th gear?

So at the time i didnt know the car was blown because at idle you couldnt hear the blower, but once under a load it was clear to me i was going to get my arse handed to me :biggrin:

My daily driver sports 7 year old 235/60/15 on T wheels now,stock turbo,stock ic,stock injectors and a meth kit. It hooks fairly good on the street when i can hear it,but racing this guy :eek:
We did a 10-15mph roll, since my car has a transbrake, i just left it in D...
He had it in first gear waiting for the hit, and i just layed into it (CHEATING) because we both knew that his vette was faster....
And his was faster by about not one full car to 80 :biggrin: I was surprised i kept next to him cause my car will spin the tires thru second gear if i cant hear or feel it. SOO he beat me...
We were rolling down the next road and he looks at me with the look of astonishment, and says one word "TURBO?"
I grinned and said, yup stock turbo 6....
I couldnt believe his next words
"Your car runs really good man" then he said it again :confused:

Honestly, i dont think the guy knew what my car was :confused:

Anyway, he lays into it again, i didnt, then he slows down since we were getting into traffic.. Then i lay into it right infront of a ford lightning.

I guess the guy in the lightning wanted a piece of the action at the next light, it wasnt much of a race.

So on to the Z06, 2 lights later i see a blue 04 Z06 sitting first in line that had just entered off the highway.
I was slowly rolling up to the light and i slowed down enough so the guy in the yellow 7psi vette could look over to me, he also noticed the blue Z06 and wanted me to play with the other vette first.. He points to the blue vette and says go get 'em!!! He was smiling :)
That was awesome, he wanted me to race the Z06.
Thank god the Z06 wasnt loud, now i could proceed to launch my car correctly with no tire spin.
I did a 2 second tire burnoff, and pulled up to the blue vette but just enough to all he could see was my A pillar and hood, giving him a 1/4 car lead.

Light turned green and i launch my 235 real radials, that was the bait to get him to follow. I was already out 1 full car and let off waiting for him to follow, man this was happening so fast it was awesome.
He nails it trying to fill the gap hahahahahaha
My car was gone... i put 3 more on him :biggrin: Must be that over 677FT/LBS of flywheel torque :biggrin:

So, i went home and put on the 235/60 mickey et streets.... couldnt find another dead stop race, but did race a buddy in a 90GT mustang froma 70 roll that was fun!

BW

sounds like you had a lot of fun lol. Thats the bad thing about a small town, no zo6 vettes here, nothing thats really worth my time unless I am really bored and want to spank a rice burner and waste some gas
:biggrin: Daniel

Yes it was alot of fun :eek:
One good part about this town, lots of fast cars to play around with :biggrin:
BW

lol spoke to fast, played with me my first vette last night uptown, after him hearing my 2nd shift and pulling off like crazy from him he just gave up hahahahaha. Your first vette is one to remember hehehe :biggrin: Daniel Ray

Yep I concur, Your first Vette is memorable

need boost said:
lol spoke to fast, played with me my first vette last night uptown, after him hearing my 2nd shift and pulling off like crazy from him he just gave up hahahahaha. Your first vette is one to remember hehehe :biggrin: Daniel Ray
Love those vettes but gotta testem. One day I will run into one that is blown or turbo'd and he may win, but Im adding some alky I got from a buddy and adding some other goodies. Nothing like the GN's and Turbo Buicks. The feeling is priceless.

I had a guy in a blown stingray pull next to me at a light. The words oh crap crossed my mind as i was in my hotair(stock). he asks if i want to go and i said sure(wanted to see what the stingray had) light goes green and i nail it. i look around and he is still at the light? :confused: so i turned around and found out that he poped the blower belt :eek: i gave the guy a ride and helped him change the belt but i still know that i would have got stomped. Nice race on the z06 what was that guys reaction? or did he have one.

Don't underestimate the L's

My 04 Lightning will spank my stock GN...especially from a dig. The L just has a 3 lbs. pulley. :rolleyes: As the speeds increase the truck does become like a brick, zero aerodynamics. :(

My dad has a 01' lightning, 4lb pulley, chip, and air filter...runs 12.9's...not bad for truck with 500 bucks of mods.

how in the hell did you get 677# of torque on stock bolt ons and alky?tell me the secret

dragonational said:
Nice race on the z06 what was that guys reaction? or did he have one.
He never caught me so i dont know :biggrin:

But....He tucked his tail and hit the left turn lane and i went straight thru the green light. The yellow vette followed the Z06 so they were both #1 spots to turn left, so i went down 1/2 mile to the next turn around, came back 1/2 mile and waited to turn right to see what would happen.
They both take off and the yellow vette was loud as hell around the corner, there was slower traffic behind them, so i was able to make a legal right hand turn on red to follow both vettes and it was not even close.
As I round the corner i make eye contact with a family in a newer minivan that just witnessed the corner race of the vettes....
The dad (driver) was on his cell phone with the window down grinning ear to ear and looking at me since i just goosed it around the corner to catch up...
The yellow blown vette was MUCH faster and the Z06 wanted no more for the next road :confused: What a pud!

lpaulabbott said:
how in the hell did you get 677# of torque on stock bolt ons and alky?tell me the secret

ERIC MARSHALL CHIP 11.4 A/F from 3500 to 5500 21-22psi of boost 25° of timing 9/11 convertor pmac trans, stock turbo, 100% stock intercooler, 30# green stripes, THDP,HOOKER cat back full exhaust 365 days a year,Methanol injection, Heavy foot
556 on the dyno and i added 20% for flywheel, you noticed didnt you :biggrin:
Heads still never been off!
Daily Driver

BW

is that chip standard or is it a 23/21 or is it manually increased. i wish i could get mine to run like that.

lpaulabbott said:
is that chip standard or is it a 23/21 or is it manually increased. i wish i could get mine to run like that.

No its not standard, mine, with my setup is 28°/25° in my car with meth locks the convertor at 65ish and i dont have a wideband on it.... YET

I tuned it on the street, hit the track, hit the dyno the next day. it was 102° that day.

BW

Back