81 Celica with GN engine

BlackAssGN

in this months Super Street there is an article about an 81 celica with a gn engine in it. it says its setup without a turbo though. anyone else seen this?

No haven't seen it, but I will try to find the issue. Do you know if it is a carbed turbo or a NA setup?

As far as I know... I am the only Celica out there with a GN motor. ;)

Paul

Originally posted by Sleeper
No haven't seen it, but I will try to find the issue. Do you know if it is a carbed turbo or a NA setup?

As far as I know... I am the only Celica out there with a GN motor. ;)

Paul

Are you gloating Paul?! :D

If so. Good for you. ;)

Paul will admit folks, that the N/A 3.8 is a very nice engine in a small car. ;)

With the right parts the NA motor hauls pretty good. With my first setup, I had the Edelbrock 204/214 cam and Performer manifold, a 390 Cfm holley, MSD 6AL, P&P heads, hand built headers, and tried a Saginaw, a M22 and a T5 behind it. It was pretty good but ain't anyway near the GN setup in it now as far as the giggle factor goes.

Yes, Mike I'm gloating a bit :D
If I remember correctly... I think after you had a ride in it you kinda look like this :eek:

:p
Paul :)

i saw it, neato car.. should have put the turbo back on..

he said "with the gn motor i couldnt get it to idle like a toyota.. no one would race me"

uhh?? a turbo is gonna quiet it down if nothing else.. all he had to do was put a cat on it and there goes all the turbo sound :-p

i dunno how a carbed n/a 3.8 is going to idle like a toyota.. but ok. hehe.

I agree with you TType84
Mine idles much quieter with the turbo, than it did with the NA motor. Doesn't make sense :confused:

Paul