You can type here any text you want

81 Celica with GN engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackAssGN

in this months Super Street there is an article about an 81 celica with a gn engine in it. it says its setup without a turbo though. anyone else seen this?

No haven't seen it, but I will try to find the issue. Do you know if it is a carbed turbo or a NA setup?

As far as I know... I am the only Celica out there with a GN motor. ;)

Paul

Originally posted by Sleeper
No haven't seen it, but I will try to find the issue. Do you know if it is a carbed turbo or a NA setup?

As far as I know... I am the only Celica out there with a GN motor. ;)

Paul

Are you gloating Paul?! :D

If so. Good for you. ;)

Paul will admit folks, that the N/A 3.8 is a very nice engine in a small car. ;)

With the right parts the NA motor hauls pretty good. With my first setup, I had the Edelbrock 204/214 cam and Performer manifold, a 390 Cfm holley, MSD 6AL, P&P heads, hand built headers, and tried a Saginaw, a M22 and a T5 behind it. It was pretty good but ain't anyway near the GN setup in it now as far as the giggle factor goes.

Yes, Mike I'm gloating a bit :D
If I remember correctly... I think after you had a ride in it you kinda look like this :eek:

:p
Paul :)

i saw it, neato car.. should have put the turbo back on..

he said "with the gn motor i couldnt get it to idle like a toyota.. no one would race me"

uhh?? a turbo is gonna quiet it down if nothing else.. all he had to do was put a cat on it and there goes all the turbo sound :-p

i dunno how a carbed n/a 3.8 is going to idle like a toyota.. but ok. hehe.

I agree with you TType84
Mine idles much quieter with the turbo, than it did with the NA motor. Doesn't make sense :confused:

Paul

Back