81 malibu with 17's & 18's

bluehair

just thought i would share, finally got wheels on after two weeks of polishing.

Attachments

• malibu-1.jpg
    malibu-1.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 497
  • malibu-2.jpg
    malibu-2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 426
  • malibu-3.jpg
    malibu-3.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 634
  • malibu-4.jpg
    malibu-4.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 326
that looks great man, always thought those Malibus could make a great sleeper :cool:

Aw...DAMN thats so sweet.. I love the BU's I had a 1980 2DR one and was such a dumb ass for selling it :( And its a 2 tone.. something ive been looking forever..

Can you send me those original pics directly. It looks like they have been resized?

Thanks...

Sent you an email with original pictures. Enjoy!!! I have more just ask...:)

I used to have a 87 all original low mileage grandnational also. Someone flashed cash in front of me and I let it go...:( I have hated that ever since. Car ran like 8.50 in 1/8th mile bone stock with E.T. streets driving it hard...nice. Maybe someday someone will come along with another one and wanna trade for a malibu.... :D

Nice looking Malibu!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive been looking to put a set of those wheels on my Monte Carlo and take the welds off. I just have a some questions if you dont mind. What size tires are you running? What is the backspacing? Any problem rubbing in the front?

thanks for the compliments. as for wheel size and tires....up front is 17x7's with 4" bs, 245-45-17 tires. no rubbing issues at all as of yet. but thats at stock height. ive been told there isn't much issue if you dont go too low with the car in front. the rears are 265-40-18's on 18x8 wheels with 4 1/2 bs. no rubbing issues at all, looks like i could lower it as much as i wanted to in the rear and be fine. hope this helps. :D