You can type here any text you want

81 Regal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboCatt

I'm currently the owner of a 81 regal with a 3.8 liter turbo (carb). Its basically bone stock with the exception of aftermarket aircleaner. The problem is is that it is ssslllooowww. I'm usually good with tuning engines but I have no idea where to begin with this one. I would love to run low 14's with it or even high 13's if possible. I really don't know where to start, any suggestions?? My budget is limited to 4 grand, 5 grand at the most. I don't want to get to crazy with the mods, I want to keep it street legal.

I'm running mid 14's following this:
http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/racing.htm

Also:
1981 WASTEGATE ACTUATOR - For 1981, Buick changed the wastegate actuator from a normally closed design, to a normally open design. It was an attempt to improve fuel economy that was quickly abandoned in 1982 in favor of increased performance. (The NC design has more precise boost control.) The 1981 unit can be identified by the use of only one vacuum hose (instead of two). To accommodate this change, the wastegate lever on the elbow was rotated 180 degrees. A conversion is as simple replacing '81's actuator and elbow with '82/'83 units. If the turbocharger has been replace, this may have already been done.

Back