You can type here any text you want

'82 GN/SC at Volo auto museum

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

http://www.volocars.com

Go to the showroom, then Buick. Big bucks for a restored car. Maybe I'll call and get the VIN, and ask where they get their production figures from. ;)

Also read about the Volo vs Volvo nonsense.:rolleyes:

Thanks to David65 for pointing this out to me. :)

Its obvious they think all thier restored cars should sell for the same value a level 1 car is listed at in the value guides. You would think that at that price the engine compartment would be restored too? The rusty hood hinges really say a lot about the little details of this car. And the painted front spoiler is also a plus in the detail department. If you check out all of the other cars they are also priced out at level 1. I was on their side with the Volvo deal(as I read that first) but after viewing some of the cars they have for sale I think I am going to stay neutral only because I hate foreigners telling us Americans what we can do within the borders of our country and they are after all owned by Ford. Eric Fisher

Good opinion Eric,

Although a high price tag....I think that car is probably all worth it. The older I get the more this type of Regal seems to get recognition. Hands down the 'look' is right up there with the engineering style. Buick got it right!

Too bad mine does'nt get that type of 'awe'. More often now my entire family hate my Regal. They say it is the ugliest piece of transportation they've ever seen, (along with the infamous comment, "why don't you junk that piece of garbage).

Can't blame them though; the body and interior looks like a Picasso painting. I just keep saying to myself....I'll get there.....and I'll prove them all wrong. :mad:

I wish my Regal looked like that one. :(

Anyway....I bet you mine can out-run that one. :D :cool:

There are so many details involved in an '82 GN, that I don't think anybody could restore one properly for the money involved. All the little dodad's and stickers and such. I could get picky, but I'll leave it at restored won't come close to original, IMO. For 24K, it ought to be perfect.

The biggest red flag is the blue oil filler neck. I have seen silver or black engines in '82 TR, but never blue.

There is only one '82 GN that will bring big dollars, IMO. It's very low mileage '82 GN/SC. It would be the best of the bunch. 24K? maybe. But for that, you could buy:
1. GNX
2. Low mileage '87 GN
3. Very well modded 86/87 TR.

I know of a '82 GN/SC that had $20K+ invested in it. Sold for ~$12k.

Hhhhmmmmmmmmmm............... wonder why they have no A/C belt on it??? That could get expensive. Now for sale, 83 T-Type fully restored, own one of the fastest of the 83 regals, now for a limited time, $49,995.95 w/ 46.7% financing compounded daily. O.A.C. ;)

It has an AC belt. The proper routing for the AC belt is to not go over the alternator.

crank to power steering
crank to AC to water pump
crank to AIR pump to alterantor to water pump

Why does the alternator have a double grooved pulley then? Mine had it routed over the alternator pulley and the belt that it calls for is too long to not route it over the alternator. Did they change it between the 2 years?

My '83 only used the front pulley groove. That was the first time I saw it this way, so I looked it up in the parts book and it was right. Makes more sense this way. The AC compressor pivots to adjust the front belt, and the alt does the other.

None of my AC's work (which is fine with me cause I never use it), so I remove the belt.

Hey Rich, there are four belts on a turbo. Instead of crank to AIR pump to alternator to water pump it should be crank to water pump to alternator and water pump to AIR pump. I think all turbos used a two groove pulley and the inner groove was not used. Kind of the same set up as a late 70's Buick 350 V-8. If that car has 60,000 miles on it than it was never parked inside. A few more red flags I noticed.
No carpet on lower door trim panels
Kick panels painted wrong color, should be a darker gray
Rusty nut showing on drivers seat track, indication car was parked in humid climate or floor pan was also rusting from water leak into the interior.
The chrome molding on the side of the console is painted gray
Looks like the steering wheel is the wrong year possibly 1984. My 82 GN had a skinny rim.
The plastic ends on the wiper arms are faded from exposure to direct sunlight, another indication car was stored outside.
I also thought the 82 turbo motors were painted corporate blue and 83 was the first year for black. I have never owned a 82 turbo so I cant say for sure on the color. Eric

A water pump to AIR pump belt couldn't be adjusted. :confused:

The AIR pump is parallel with the outer alt groove and the AC with the inner. You can't run the crank/WP/alt on the outer groove without the AIR pump (it's in the belt's path). You can on the inner grove, but then no AC. (This is what I do now, no AC/AIR)

Different years are different, but this is how an 82/83 is set up.

I have an early '82 motor on a stand - silver with one black valve cover. '82 GN's are late production, all I have seen are black, but some have silver valve covers. Most remans are blue.

Black must have been a mid year change, I'm pretty sure it's 1977-1982 on the ugly corpo blue.

82 must have been the cut-off. The engine rebuilder that we go with paints the motors to match that year. When I ordered a long block for an 82 it came blue, when I sent my long block to have it re-done it came back black.

VIN is:
1G4AK4735CH227000

I almost bought this car way back in 1991. Had the bank loan and everything. Then the owner flaked out. :mad:

The car was very nice, but got a complete restoration anyway. This is the same car that I said about above "I know of a '82 GN/SC that had $20K+ invested in it. Sold for ~$12k."

It sold on ebay for the $12K. I don't know how Volo got it, but they may have it for a while.

Well, it's been a while and it's no longer listed on the website. I wonder what $$ they sold it for? :)

Back