You can type here any text you want

82 grand national

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

johnplogii

Senior citizen
What is an 82 worth these days? I found one locally, it is rough though. Some rust, interior is shot, paint is laquer checked bad. 125,000 miles, runs & drives. No turbo, has t-tops.

Thanks

in that condition...still bottom basement level, maybe $1000 tops if complete and original......

Stupid question. Can you post the VIN? I used to live in Omaha and owned one of the original SC/GNs. It was missing the motor and sounds like the POS you are looking at. When I sold it it was still running with a NA 231 with Holley and 4 barrel intake and the headers were rusted out and swiss cheesed. The only thing worth any amount of money was the VIN tag and title. I was going to re-VIN a rust free tub. I parted a 82 SC just for the drive train. There cant be much left of that car. The T-tops leaked and there wasn't anything left of the floorpan. The only thing keeping your feet from dragging on the ground was the rubber insulation under the carpet. There were quite a few places on the silver top od the car that the painted was faded down to the bare metal. The have been a few 82 GNs spotted in the KS-NE-IA-SD area in the last couple of years.

Eric, I didn't get the vin but I will if I go back. The guy called me trying to sell the car & wanted $2000. I told him no way from his description, then he wanted to know what I would give him so I went & looked at it. I still haven't even made him an offer. I was thinking $6-800. They are only worth $5-7000 in mint condition aren't they?

i think youre right on those prices... though still cant figure out why alll the rest of the muscle car guys, pay top dollar for a 195 horsepower, allll original say, 55 chevy, or 70 dart, when they were slow as hell, and were about as rare as a snickers bar...and then the father of what WE know as grand nationals, are rarer than a ford ac cobra, (and DAM nice lookin too i might add) is worth 5 grand mint... .
i never got that part about us buick fanatics...
I guess in our world, if it isnt fast, it aint worth a damn.... its a shame, too, cuz those old buicks, like the turbo lesabre from 78, the 78,79,and 80 sport coupes, the grand national lesabres, and all the rare little t type somersets, skyhawks/larks and centuries are kinda cool lookin, and rare as a 3 armed monkey. Yea, they werent fast, but rare, and kinda sporty for their eras...
Ahh well, I guess I see fascinating things in odd stuff.....

I paid $200 for the POS I had and I put up a fit with the guy selling it because I knew he only paid $25 at the impound yard. I think there was a borderline #1/#2 82 GN that sold for over $7000 on eBay a couple of months ago. The problem why these cars are only valued at $5K is that everybody drove them. Nobody tucked them away like the IC cars or the GNX. In other words they are just Regals with fancy paint and interiors. I cant blame the average Joe for not getting worked up over them. IMO the GN in question has a lot of issues. Its only worth scrap or salvage. A parts car in other words.

Gotta wonder what they will be worth in the future. Yeah, it doesn't make sense that their value is so low considering really low production numbers and being the first year GN. Maybe one day we will pull our heads out of the sand and kick ourselves for not saving/ preserving then.:rolleyes:

$7600....

... is what one traded for on ebay this fall. 82 GN with 3.8 turbo. Story was guy bought it new, put 47K on it and parked it in a barn. In the pics the thing looked mint. VIN number matched with the 82 GN registry as a turbo car etc. I asked a few local collectors about the 82's, and they never heard of them. Now these were not 100% buick guys but knew the market for various cars. Both said the 84-87 were the next "big thing" . GNX is already there and will keep going, but the 82's they were not sure of because you just dont have enough knowledge out there on the car. Demand has to drive price and there just hasnt been much demand for the 82, however it is the rarest GN of them all.

Back