'82 LC8 crate engine, any takers?

Anthony P

sharing knowledge with those who care to listen
A friend of mine is selling his ’82 LC8 crate engine. It has never been installed in a car. It is from his private collection. I can e-mail pics to any interested party. The individual photo file size is too large to be posted here.

Quantity of one – 3.8L LC8 crate engine, Engine Assembly Code MH dated 27 Oct 1981, Block 25506818 (painted silver), with turbocharger and carburetor for the ’82 Regal Sport Coupe and a handful of GNs. Has Buick Engine Traceability Label as well as similar labels on distributor cap, block, and RH valve cover. Has headers, crossover, turbo piping, flywheel, starter, chrome carb cover with power six label, etc.

If interested, just make a fair offer in a PM. The owner wants to sell it, not give it away for its weight in scrap. It is located in northern New Jersey.

here are some pics for all to see...a true restoration piece. Owner is asking $3000.

-Anthony

Attachments

• 82LC8pic1.jpg
    82LC8pic1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCN6143.jpg
    DSCN6143.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN6144.jpg
    DSCN6144.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCN6145.jpg
    DSCN6145.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 332
  • DSCN6175.jpg
    DSCN6175.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 335
The mill is still available. Let's try a new price of $2000.

I thought I'd bring this post back to the surface again. The mill is available. For any doubters, come by and look for yourself. Where else are you going to find NOS - not rebuilt and not a bunch of parts in a box.

Best regards,
Anthony

I thought I'd bring this post back to the surface again. The mill is available. For any doubters, come by and look for yourself. Where else are you going to find NOS - not rebuilt and not a bunch of parts in a box.

Best regards,
Anthony

ITS JUST TOO MUCH! I could'nt sell my whole 81 turbo regal running with new tires for 2k! sad but true.:eek:

Hi Turboelky, thanks for sharing...-Anthony

Does the box that goes on the front of the car go with it ? Or is it gone?I'am talking about the spark box that was located on fan shroud!

Does the box that goes on the front of the car go with it ? Or is it gone?I'am talking about the spark box that was located on fan shroud!

I must be missing my spark box:confused: or i'm really dumb:D
but one thing is for sure is I can use that motor right now, mine seems to keep acting crazy:eek: but thats a no go... spark box??

I think that ESC box is in somewere under the dash board on the '81's. The earlier turbos had them on the fan shroud.

This is just the engine. The cars have long since gone back to Flint where they were destroyed by GM when this part of the turbo regal engine development program ended.

Best regards,
Anthony