You can type here any text you want

82 sport coupe, distributor/coil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNJimC

Came across an 82 turbo car. I have not seen it yet but owner indicates it needs a distributor coil and it does not run due to this. If I remember correctly, on a pre-electronic ignition, dont you have a distributor AND coil? Also if so, would these be the same as a N/A 231 v6 or was there somthing special for the turbo'd cars. Also what are the chances this is the only problem, or could it look like this is the problem and be somthing else?

The car is a distance away, so if I go, I would like to have a little knowledge to back me up.

Thanks

Coil is same for NA and Turbo. Bring one with you along with an ignition module? is that car on ebay?? there is an 82 on there described like that.

MoeJr, Yes it was...

the one on ebay. 1982 Grand National with the 3.8 turbo. 47K original miles. I was affraid to bid too high because the pictures were terrible and the owner was not sure that that was all that was wrong. Just assumed it was. It was sitting for a long time but looked very clean. I looked the vin up in the registry and it looked like #182. Not sure because I did not buy it. Went for $7600. Maybe I passed up a good deal ????????

Back