83 Carburetor

gr8regal

Just Purchased a carburetor from a 3.8 turbo.

Any idea of the size or info of this carb--------\\

# 17083244

This Carb. came off a 1983 turbo Gn. Is this a 750 or a 800???

Building a V6 carb-ed motor with edelbrock intake.

It should be set at a 640cfm. It can be opened up more, but I do not advise it. At WOT it will get more carb than it can handle. Leave it as is and tweak it as you go along.

Jim

Yep,

I've got that same carb and it is from an '83 turbo. It's a 750 CFM. It will not go in to an N/A engine as is. Click on my web link and go to page 2. You'll see why..... :(

Freddie's Page

Nice Page++++++++

Would you Happen to know of A M Performance Enterprises of Crystal River?????

Amil (not sure of the spelling) says he knows of a Excellent Turbo guy in Maimi.

Could that be U.:D

I believe the edlebrock is a squarebore intake. And not fully set up for ECM sensors/EGR. Not a big problem, but it sounds like an odd combination to run with an electronic spreadbore carb.:confused:

Carb

Thought I could change to be Manual, straight carb.

Building NA 3.8. (just for fun) I have the parts.

Nope, I'm a novice on turbo cars. But I'm getting better at the N/A carbed engine. There's a well known club and GN shop here in Fort Lauderdale. But I don't frequent it because I think they're more into the later I/C SFI cars. In the pecking order of Regals, they'll scoff at mine.

I pretty much stay away from Buick clubs and I'm a loner as far as I know for N/A work down here. Most of the Regals I see around here are funky metalic colored, dropped way low with tiny wheels bulging out from their fender flares. UHG! :eek:

I've even seen quite a few with custom convertible tops, funky shiny chrome rims and tires as big as those on SUV's. What a horrific sight. :mad: The teens out here love them. (Reminds me of my teen years on 60's Chevy Impalas and Caprices). :rolleyes:

Re: Carb

Originally posted by gr8regal
Thought I could change to be Manual, straight carb.

It won't be possible to convert an electronic carb to non-electronic. :(

Tell us how the engine is set up now and what your plans are. We can probably help you out with the planning. :)

Hey Freddie, I know what you mean. I'am up here in Daytona Beach. Them guys really know how to screw up a good car. Well at least Buick made millions of them(the NA cars that is) so there's still plenty of good ones still out there. I dont know if I'am of any help to you, as I dont run any carb-turbos any more but you can give me a call anytime.
Eric Fisher turbofish38@hotmail.com
BTW one of my projects is a 82 Regal NA I am stuffing a 455 in to. I am using the frame and 200-R4 from a 83 T-Type and right now it has a q-jet but if I can swing the money I plan to upgrade to EFI. Sorry Russell but about all I have left in parts is a factory 4-bbl intake and a 4.1 block and 6293 casting heads.

Carb-ed Build up

Just a thought. I have 2 blocks and 2 complete engines(3.8 NA)

I have the parts so why not build a 3.8 NA???? I have a edelbrock performer and a Rochester spread bore off a 83 turbo.

Build engine and I will do something with the engine. Plenty of cars out there that need a engine. I also have three daughters they seem to go through cars. Maybe a S10 pick up needs an engine.

Maybe just sell it all on EBAY, ya that it just say its all
Grand National Parts

I can make a Million and retire:D :D :D