You can type here any text you want

83 t-type Value?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paxel

I met a very nice couple a few days ago who are selling an 83 T-type. The car belonged to thier son who passed away recently after a 2 year battle with cancer. They want to sell it but don't know much about it or what it is really worth. I am looking for an 86-87 so I passed but told them I would ask around for some advice i.e. you guys. The car has 113k it is in far shape. I have driven the car and it runs ok, needs a tune up, but it has been sitting for over 2 years. The body is solid I did not see any rust bubbles in any of the usual trouble places, paint is fine, but probably original, the color is hard to describe (metallic, light, burgandy, maybe). Sorry kind of a tough color for me, does have a half vinyl top, and over all the exterior is 7 out of 10. The interior has a new headliner, but needs some seat coverings and trim pieces, so a 6-7 out of 10. The engine is original (as far as I know) has a newer turbo, dual exhaust and seemed to be solid, it did run a bit rough but like I said it has been sitting for a while. Just looking for any insight I can get in order to help this family out. Thanks for you help.

I ran Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds and NADA price guides on my '83 TR when I bought. KBB and NADA were fair IMO. Edmunds was a joke.

All three have easy to use websites.

Back