83 T-Type

Noopz1991

Hey guess anybody out there help me i got a turbo that wont spool.i jus had the turbo rebuilt a lil stronger then stock.if yu have any tips it would be appreciated

I put it in gear n tried power brakin but nothin.i took it out on the road n cant hear it spool up or kick in.

What do you mean by stronger than stock? Larger impellers?

Do you have a boost gauge?

Yea its a high performance .60 trim n yea i have a boost gauge but not hooked up yet cuz i put it in gear hold the brake n rev it up n the wastegate dont open or nothin its like im not gettin enough rpm to spin the turbine wheels

Heres a couple pics if yu need more ill send more

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120323_091901.png
    ForumRunner_20120323_091901.png
    411.6 KB · Views: 74
  • ForumRunner_20120323_091928.png
    ForumRunner_20120323_091928.png
    450.3 KB · Views: 78
  • ForumRunner_20120323_091917.png
    ForumRunner_20120323_091917.png
    307.8 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20120323_091939.png
    ForumRunner_20120323_091939.png
    423.5 KB · Views: 76
  • ForumRunner_20120323_091957.png
    ForumRunner_20120323_091957.png
    410 KB · Views: 66
  • ForumRunner_20120323_092011.png
    ForumRunner_20120323_092011.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 89
very nice
love the paint
the wastegate line should go to the turbo foot. i cant tell from the picture if that's where its hooked up.

The line from the waste gate goes to a t which is connected to the map sensor n the other side goes to the side of the turbine wheel

The wastegate actuator has two ports. The port closer to the turbo is the vacuum line. The port closer to the carb is the boost line and is easy to seen pointed straight up in the first picture.

1. The actuator's boost port is incorrectly connected to vacuum port on the carb plenum (aka as the upper intake manifold). Remove this line from the plenum and cap it off on the plenum. The vacuum side of the actuator is not needed and is often just a source of a vacuum leak.
  2. Once the boost line is removed from the plenum, connect it to the turbo compressor foot. It can be T'd into the same line as the MAP sensor. The boost line to the actuator, the MAP sensor, boost gauge and the turbo boost light switch are all the same line. This needs to be post-turbo, intake manifold vacuum/pressure.
  3. It lLooks like the wastegate is already open, which could explain the no boost. Disconnect the actuator rod and shorten it by screwing the end piece down. It should be short enough that you need to pull it slightly to slip it over the wastegate. Later you shorten it further to increase boost.

OK, just ignore the parts about the second port:

The wastegate actuator has two ports. The port closer to the turbo is the vacuum line. The port close to the carb is the boost line and is easy to see pointed straight up in the first picture.
  1. The actuator's boost port is incorrectly connected to vacuum port on the carb plenum (aka as the upper intake manifold). Remove this line from the plenum and cap it off the port on the plenum. The vacuum side of the actuator is not needed and is often just a source of a vacuum leak.
  2. Once the boost line is removed from the plenum, connect it to the turbo compressor foot. It can be T'd into the same line as the MAP sensor. The boost line to the actuator, the MAP sensor, boost gauge and the turbo boost light switch are all the same line. This needs to be post-turbo, intake manifold vacuum/pressure.
  3. It looks like the wastegate is already open, which could explain the no boost. Disconnect the actuator rod and shorten it by screwing the end piece down. It should be short enough that you need to pull it slightly to slip it over the wastegate. Later you shorten it further to increase boost.

How would i know if its spoolin will i hear any windin up like the grand nationals or is my turbo to small to hear anything

You'll feel it. :)

Some turbo's are loader than others. You might be able to here a whistle sound.
You should hook up the boost gauge while you are connecting the wastegate actuator.

I have one on the foot but theres a bolt here already n the before black site said on the later models to use the intake but ill try them both thanks for the help