You can type here any text you want

84 gn, with 87 engine and 84 tranny.......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fbodlovr

1/4 Mile Freak
I am putting an 87 engine into my 84 gn, and i was wondering if I left the 84 tranny in there, would it hurt performance? I mean, is there something with the brf trannys that make them handle more power, make the car faster, or what??????

Please help. Nobody in the transmission area is helping.

Nope

...won't hurt performance........I'm assuming you'll be putting in a shift kit at some point in the future.........good luck

Well, id like to put in a tranny brakeat some point. Do you think it will hold up to a low 11 second pass?

Also, do any of you know ANYONE that would be interested in a COMPLETE 84 engine, with ta33 turbo, and some other goodies?

post some pics of what you got. also if you build the 84 tranny up it will hold up.

will the brf trannys hold up to more power when compared stock to stock?

The BRF's are really not that much different. They have a different intermediate servo for 2nd gear shifts, a different valve body and governor for WOT shift points.

Basically IMO, they came with a factory shift kit and a few other goodies. Frankly neither the '84 trans or the BRF were ever made to really stand up to a really fast car in stock form.

They cost the same to build, and the internal hard parts are the same.

Toss a decent valve body kit in the '84 trans and run it till it blows up. Then upgrade the internals. The same would need to be done to a BRF trans

Well, id like to put in a tranny brakeat some point. Do you think it will hold up to a low 11 second pass?

Also, do any of you know ANYONE that would be interested in a COMPLETE 84 engine, with ta33 turbo, and some other goodies?

How much for the turbo?

Id really like to sell the engine complete, but make an offer on the turbo. You never know! =-)

Back