You can type here any text you want

84 Grand National For Sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84GrandN

I purchased this car in 2006 for $9,500. Soon after that, Eric at Dynotech, RIP, rebuilt the turbo and tuned it. It has 120k miles on it. Interior is leather, but the white fabric around the leather is torn noticeably on the driver's seat.

The reason I am considering selling:
I just had $800 of electrical work done and two days after I got the car back the transmission went. Since I just graduated college I am in need of a reliable daily driver, and not a project.

I am looking to see if it would be worth selling it in it's current state, or if it would be better to install a new transmission first.

Here is everything that is wrong with the car:
Transmission - Can still drive at low rpm to move around, but reverse is not there.

Driver's side door paint is not in great shape.

Interior fabric torn from wear in several places in front, back is ok.

AC was removed by previous owner.

The car was lowered by a previous owner resulting in the annoying problem of the the exhaust being knocked loose when someone heavy sits in the right part of the back seat. I had this welded, but the potential is there for it to happen again.

Much of the wiring has been modified by a previous owner.

Automatic side view mirror adjusters do not work.

The engine has no problems, but does have 120k miles on it.

Pictures will be up in the coming days. Any offers or advice is welcome. Thanks.

I hate to say it but you overpaid for this vehicle. I've owned a couple of 84's. The problem with the 84 is not just the hot air turbo motor, it's the interior. These interiors are almost always in the shape you described yours to be in. Even with a nice interior I havent seen one go for 9,500. The other thing is that the trans is bad. Unless it was something stupid that went wrong, it only says to me that it was driven hard. I wish they were worth more when they are so much rarer than the other years (only 2000 in 84) but they just aren't. If I were selling this vehicle by your description and without seeing pics, I would ask for 3500 obo and hope someone takes the bait. I would not expect that kind of money either. I feel like an ass but when I wanted to sell mine with a good trans I was told this very same thing...Good luck and I'm sorry but I think many will agree with me here.:(

same here

I heard all those stories when I was trying to sell my 84. Alot of people told me it wasnt worth what I was asking which was 8000. Hell I even had a guy say he'd give me 4500 if the car was in perfect shape with no rust or any other problems. Anyways...today I sold it for $5300.:( Good Luck with your sale.

I'll take mine to the grave before I give it away. The Book value is $5,950 - $9,500 - $16,900

Well the interior is the best part of the car, when it's in good shape. I'm taking mine to the grave, bought it new in 2-84.
You won't get much for it with the tranny the way it is, although you never know..... many many times when I'm out with the 84 I always get asked "you want to sell it". Probably just lip service though.....
I don't think that I will ever sell it, it's been a good ride.....

Chuck

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'm thinking the amount i'd spend on a new tranny wouldn't be reflected in the sale price. So for 3500 at best, I'll probably wait until I have the time and money to fix it and hold on to it for a long time after that. Heck, I really didn't want to let this car go anyway.

Just wish I knew as much about GNs when I bought it, because I definitely did overpay.

Back