You can type here any text you want

85 gn, bolt on thoughts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ace32x

looking at picking up an 85 I've recently came across with some minor mods and wanted some feed back from current experienced owners.

Car currently just had an engine refresh .030 over and a mild cam new water pump and they put a turboworks 49 on it I believe still waiting verification on side. Has a new griffin radiator it looks like with electric fans and a k and n filter
And has an an intercooler kit that currently is not installed.

Ideally out of this car just want to do some simple bolt ons and see it in the 11s

Was thinking a turbotweak tune and injectors, fuel pump, 2800/3k stall and new plug wires and basic maitence

Was curious what else you think I would need to achieve this( down pipe and exhaust?) or anything else I'm missing

New to the gbody platform and appreciate your help!

I'll say it before anyone else does....scanmaster and hotwire kit.

I went down the Hot Air road and only made it to 12.6 in the quarter. Very expensive. Your goals are better met with an intercooled 86 or 87. Run away from the 85 or lower your expectations . The Hot Air section is a good place to start.

Back