You can type here any text you want

85 gn. need help with engine mods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

elliot34

hey guys, i have a 85 gn and i want to take the engine out over winter and rebuilt it... but, i have no idea where to start, the turbo is shot so i need another, any recomendations? i would like to aim for low-mid 11's. what are some perfect combinations off parts. as you can see i have no clue where to begin. also, what would i have to do to the tranny to hold the power? if you guys could please shed some light on any of the questions i have asked and even other information it would be much appretiated.
thanks
elliot

WELCOME PILGRIM! You came to the correct site for TR owners. Glad to meet you. The 85 gn is a "hot air" version and we have a forum dedicated to the 84/85 H/A versions. You will find plenty of ideas and help there for your mod's while here, this is more engine specific.
If possible, before delving into the unknown, start by reading up on the TR's so you don't inadvertantly make a the typical mistakes and build a buick to chevy standards.:eek::o:biggrin: Reading is the best place to start and asking lots of questions. It is the fastest way to sucess. Just ask many of us how we know! Others will jump in w/directions for the info, I just got called away and hav eto run, Thanks for joining and Happy New Year!

If you look at the main part of the forum you'll find the HA section. At the to of it you'll find the "stickys" and they should help you out quite a bit. HA cars are harder to make fast because there's not as much after market out there for them. There are is 1 easy turbo upgrade for them but the rest have to be kinda fabbed up. Welcome to the best place to find out about your car.:)

Back