85 GN resurrection

Nodrock85

I'm purchasing an 85 GN. Body is in beautiful shape but the original power plant is long gone. I'd like to bring it back stock (or close to it). It had a Chevy 350 in it that the previous owner removed.
My question, where can I get an 85 non-intercooler v6 and wire harness at? I don't have enough money for a crate engine but have the skills for repairing/building one.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 100_1621.JPG
    100_1621.JPG
    697 KB · Views: 123
I'm purchasing an 85 GN. Body is in beautiful shape but the original power plant is long gone. I'd like to bring it back stock (or close to it). It had a Chevy 350 in it that the previous owner removed.
My question, where can I get an 85 non-intercooler v6 and wire harness at? I don't have enough money for a crate engine but have the skills for repairing/building one.

I have a block that needs machining, a wire harness, intake, heads, crank, pistons, rods, etc. message me on my cel- 337-247-4393

Why spend the time and $$$$ to bring it back to the '84-5 turbo as a SBC will perform just as well and will be worth as much or more than the stock turbo configuration.

Many parts are no longer available for these hot air cars and they are a major PIA to work on and maintain.

An '86-7 intercooled conversion will appreciate the car, and can give you great performance if done right!

.........where can I get an 85 non-intercooler v6 and wire harness at? I don't have enough money for a crate engine but have the skills for repairing/building one.

You may have mechanical skills, but a hot air '84-85 car is a nightmare to work on, and like I stated, many parts are no longer available for those years?

After working on many hot air cars over the years, but I will no longer work on them at all.

The car looks great, and with an intercooled conversion, it will continue to appreciate in value.