85 intercooled pics

With a bigger intercooler, wouldnt you need a bigger turbo to fill it up faster? Also, is the stock turbo basically the only one that can be used on our cars, and just modify it? There isnt any new ones out there that you can just buy and it'll work is there?

you can put on any turbo you want ,on anything ,as long you have the supporting mods. . and all so make sure it will fit under the hood.

my turbo exhaust housing sits very close to the hood liner,
I put some more pics on

well, i was thinking about having the turbo milled out to what i think was hotsix's turbo specs that he had his done too. flows up to 850cfm. What does your flow? What do you meen by supporting mods? and does yours bolt right up? I thought we had to have a turbo that had something specific to fit the hot air cars.

fbodlovr said:
well, i was thinking about having the turbo milled out to what i think was hotsix's turbo specs that he had his done too. flows up to 850cfm. What does your flow? What do you meen by supporting mods? and does yours bolt right up? I thought we had to have a turbo that had something specific to fit the hot air cars.

I'm not sure what mine flows, it doesent say on pte web site. mine bolts right in the same spot as yours would, most turbos will fit . supporting mods would be like entire fuel system upgrades , exhaust, heads, intakes, electronics, steel cranks, rods , roller cams and a lot more. your injectors have to be mached to the flow of your turbo, ask hotsix's what he has for injectors and other mods he had to do. I have 42.5# injectors,with my pt51

For those of you looking for a great HotAir intake, my friend is selling a TurboMotion V-3 intake. This is supposedly the best flowing intake for 84-85's. He's asking $400 shipped to the continental U.S. P.M. for his contact info.

fbodlovr

My turbo is a Limit Engineering (John Craig) TA33C. Its the stock turbo housing with basically a different (bigger) compressor wheel / CHRA (hogged out inside also to fit it) and a ported exhaust housing as well.

It works great. My injectors were swapped out for 'Blue Tops' 36 lbs/hr injectors. Gotta make your fuel system match the bigger turbo - obviously you will be flowing more air. Ive also got an Adj FP reg and a Walbro 307 hotwired supplying the gas.

more pics

here's some more pics , enjoy. :)

you can kind of see where the upper plenum ends back by the turbo.
my plate extends all most to the end of the rim on the upper plenum.
you should all so be able to see the IAC and stainless atr water neck.

Attachments

• DCP_1263.JPG
    DCP_1263.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DCP_1258.JPG
    DCP_1258.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 167
  • DCP_1254.JPG
    DCP_1254.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 169
  • DCP_1260.JPG
    DCP_1260.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 163
  • DCP_1253.JPG
    DCP_1253.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 163
more pics

here's some more pics , enjoy. :)

you can kind of see where the upper plenum ends back by the turbo.
my plate extends all most to the end of the rim on the upper plenum.
you should all so be able to see the IAC and stainless atr water neck.
great job on mods

Here is a picture of my setup, which I have taken to the GS Nats in BG
several times. Runs good, no problems.

Attachments

• 85 engine pic resized.jpg
    85 engine pic resized.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 87 intake & Accufab plenum.jpg
    87 intake & Accufab plenum.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 153
I don't race my cars, so I really don't know.
I think it is equivalent to a stock 86/87, maybe.
I am only running ~16 # boost, may turn it up a bit when
I get the alky on it. My 84 has the alky, but it has another
problem I am working on- when I get time. I plan on running
19/20 # boost with alky.

Attachments

• 85 T type resized.jpg
    85 T type resized.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 86