85 intercooled pics

bot

Check out this 85 setup with 3" ic pipe. it was very easy to do the setup I have, no major intake mods, unlike the stock one... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• black2.jpg
    black2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 413
  • black.jpg
    black.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 401
Hey is that the JS Manufacturing intake ?

Some of us are in the middle of an install of that kit. Myself included.
Im just finishing up and waiting for my turbo hoses to come in.

[No ,that is not a JS Manufacturing intake.. It is a 87 style champion portmached intake. all I had to do to the intake is drill one hole, thats it . :smile:

what is needed to switch over to that intake? and did you fab up the pipes yourself?

[yes I made the intercooler pipes, and there is a list of parts I might be able to get you

Bot

Is that your car on ebay ?

4569691019 is the ebay part number.....

pics look identical...why you selling ?
Never heard of that intake...where did you get it and how can
we get one...???

that is a 86/87 champion portmached intake. I bought mine brand new for $300.00 ,with a core. yes its on ebay

pics

basically we can get an 87 style intake and shave doghouse like js and itll work because waterneck to coolant is on front i should of did that along time ago :eek:

Hey bot
How about some more pix of the intake, especially at the back of the turbo. Do you have pix before the install. How did you connect to the turbo? Did you have to drill the hole for the oil return in the back of the intake? I am very interested in buying the same intake. Did you buy from Champion? The top of the intake looks like it was modified? Was the top modified by Jeff, JS Manufactoring? How about some more information on the cost involved.By the way, GREAT WORK :cool: !!! How does it compare to the stocker?

I almost forgot to ask? Did you have to length or shorten any wires? I know the TPS and the injector wires come to mind! I am very curious about the turbo and how it connects to the 3 inch pipes. Again, great work, but I must ask... Why sell after the master piece that you have done....

I had to cut the upper plenum, it was easy,I did it with a sawsall and I welded a plate on the back of it . I only had to drill one hole in the intake and that was for oil return line. those were the only intake mods I did
and It dose not have to be a champion intake a stock one will work too
beacuse there the same intake. all intercooler pipes and elbos are 3"

the trick is how to get 3" ic pipe to the turbo, witch was easyer that I thought :)

[]
I extended the IAC, TPS with new custom pig tales from caspers.
cost to much to work on, I did want to trade it for a 62-63 nova ss

Bot

U used an 87 throttle body right ?
On the TPS which wires did you swap around?
They are marked A B C on both the 85 plug and the new Caspers 87 plug.

[I think the center one stays the same and the outer two interchange
all you have to do is compare 85 wiring diag. to a 87 and you see what wires go where, it should be on www.gnttype.org

hey bot, what parts can you help me get? I REALLY want to do what you did. Its pretty clean, and thats the way I want it. Post up asap!! haha :)

I did that conversion, and I didnt have any 86/87 to look at when I did it.
who got a picture of a js intake, I never saw his setup
like I said, I might be able to post a list :)

Did you take any pictures as you were doing the coversion? This would have to be one other CLEANEST Hot Air Conversions ever done :cool: The interesting part was your choice of intakes. Everyone was scrambling to get a Turbo Motion and the very cool JS intake, but your conversion is by far the easiest to reproduce.... Even if you did not intercooled your car, you could still use the 87 intake with a little moding and a j bend tubing. Please post EVERY thing you used.. I am very interested.....Sorry you want to get rid of your car... :( My Uncle has a couple of 62 Nova's. They are far more expensive... Just don't have the "MYSTIC" of the car in "BLACK".... Man.. if you had took your car to Bowling Green and popped the hood... I guarantee you would have been flooded with questions about your conversion.... :cool:

hey bot, would you post up a list for us? Your car is intercooled isnt it? front ount, or stock location?

The car has a precison front mount intercooler ,and all so there pt51 turbo