'85 Olds 442 200-4R Question

ubushaus

Hello,

I see an '85 442 200-4R on Craigslist for what looks like a very fair price. Unfortunately, it's 1,500 miles away and shipping costs would be outrageous!

I am looking to rebuild my own transmission, and I am close to spending an afternoon at my local boneyard to pull a Caddy core.

I may be able to find someone local to it that could tear it down and send me the valve body, and other parts for significantly less than buying and shipping the whole thing. Does this make sense, and if so what parts should I have pulled and sent?

Any thoughts are much appreciated!
Joe M.

Hello,

I see an '85 442 200-4R on Craigslist for what looks like a very fair price. Unfortunately, it's 1,500 miles away and shipping costs would be outrageous!

what parts should I have pulled and sent?

Any thoughts are much appreciated!
Joe M.

Valvebody, spacer plate, intermediate servo, and governor. Probably won't need the space plate or servo but doesn't hurt to have it.

So, the guy still has it and is sending me pictures of the tag to hopefully verify it is what he says. I found a local guy who will pull parts for me. Are there any hard parts that should be pulled as well - input shaft, stator, etc?

Thanks!
JM

Thanks Mike!

One more question - I refuse to say "last question" yet: What are the dimensions of the valve body?

BRF parts

Get the wiring harness that's inside the trans pan also if you don't allready have it. The BR harness is different from standard 2004R's. And tell them not to cut it to remove.